Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2007, 05:55 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax K10D + Zeiss ZK Lenses??

Has anyone has used the K10D + any of the Zeiss ZK lenses???
Sean Reid has just reviewed the 35mm Zeiss lens on a K10D, and it received a very positive review.
If anyone has used a Zeiss lens please advise, and include your purchase source.

Thanks.

Martin

01-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't have any (yet), but B&H now indicates they have the ZK mount lenses in stock.
01-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by martin s Quote
Has anyone has used the K10D + any of the Zeiss ZK lenses???
Sean Reid has just reviewed the 35mm Zeiss lens on a K10D, and it received a very positive review.
If anyone has used a Zeiss lens please advise, and include your purchase source.
Sean Reid's reviews have piqued my curiosity, too, but the Zeiss lenses are pretty pricey and I am not sure they're significantly better than the Pentax prime counterparts. The Zeiss 35 f/2, for example, is $787 at B&H -- more than twice what I paid for the really nice Pentax 35 f/2. I could be wrong but I really doubt the Zeiss is anywhere near twice as good as the Pentax.

Don't get me wrong. If I were a millionaire, I'd buy the Zeiss lenses just because they would look nicer on the leather seats of my Jaguar. But if I were a millionaire, I'd also be using a Nikon D3 rather than a Pentax K10D. ;-)

Will
01-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
They are just too expensive for me.
If I could choose only one, I would take the 28/2.0.