Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #16
wax
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, Pentax Q
I think Ricoh-Pentax want to simplify and extreme camera offering on this class:
- K5(the smallest)
- Q(the best semipro)
- D645(the big-top DSLR)

So DSLR pack will be compact and the best on each one range level.
This is my prediction

01-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wax Quote
- Q(the smallest)
- K5(the best semipro)
- D645(the big-top DSLR)
Corrected, I hope.
01-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #18
wax
Forum Member

Thanks RioRico, my mistake
01-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by wax Quote
Yes, Pentax Q
I think Ricoh-Pentax want to simplify and extreme camera offering on this class:
- Q(the smallest)
- K-5(the best semipro)
- D645(the big-top DSLR)

So DSLR pack will be compact and the best on each one range level.
This is my prediction
This is what the product lineup looks like on the Pentax website. So it looks like those in the market for an entry-level DSLR, like I was last year when I bought my K-r, are out of luck. I did not want a smaller camera, like the Q. If I were buying today, I would likely not be able or willing to consider Pentax, as I cannot afford a K-5. Thankfully I have my K-r. Now I just need to stock up on a few more older lenses.

02-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WaltH Quote
This is what the product lineup looks like on the Pentax website. So it looks like those in the market for an entry-level DSLR, like I was last year when I bought my K-r, are out of luck. I did not want a smaller camera, like the Q. If I were buying today, I would likely not be able or willing to consider Pentax, as I cannot afford a K-5. Thankfully I have my K-r. Now I just need to stock up on a few more older lenses.

This is where I am right now! I used Pentax for my film work. Want to get into digital and want to have a entry to mid level DSLR that works with my old lenses provides a good image at a good price. I could buy a K-r and I might do that still. However I am thinking that I intend to keep whatever I buy for a long while so I wish I knew what was coming down or not coming down the pipe.
02-04-2012, 04:04 AM   #21
Veteran Member

oppe98, it's my understanding that there is a show next week in Japan and it's possible that Pentax announces a new dSLR; if so, I guess it will be the K-r replacement.

And everybody looking at buying something wishes to know what's coming next; that does not only apply to cameras but also applies to cars, bikes, audio gear, etc But I doubt that current cameras will have the lifespan of the old SLR cameras; actually I'm quite sure it does not. My Minolta X700 is still going strong after nearly 30 years but I don't expect my K5 to live that long; with the rate of shooting that I do, the shutter should last 40 years, but I think that the electronics will die before that
02-04-2012, 05:22 AM   #22

The K-01 lacks a viewfinder. Therefore it is pitched at people who like using the rear screen to compose. In other words, not only is it not a K-r replacement, it seems designed to avoid cannibalising sales from an actual K-r replacement. So I think a K-r replacement is planned.

02-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, the K-01V ,
had a dream , K-01 with EVF build in and the body was all gunmetal with titanium build, it looked magnificent!.
02-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #24
Veteran Member

I can imagine. Now I can't sleep tonight I definitely would consider that a K-r replacement.