Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GoldenRGuy Quote
I just got the Sigma 10-20. Fantastic lens!! (makes my K7 stand on it's head!)
I've seen a few reviews about it and I think I'm just going to have to wait till my next Tax-return to buy it, I've only seen it priced at $500 - $650 AUD. T_T

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
I would like to step in and say, even though you've made your mind on keeping the k-x (which I agree is a good idea), there are a few k-5s on the for sale threads going for 800-900 bucks, and a k-x would sell for 300-400. So theoretically one could get the k-5 in that scenario.

As far as a landscape lens goes, have you looked at the DA35 F2.4?
I have, but I couldn't find any decent examples of landscape pictures taken with the DA35, so I'm still a little iffy on it.

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
@Praestigium,
Looking at you lens and target lists, I have to ask: Is your Sigma 28-90 AF or MF? If it's AF, I'd still recommend the Tamron 10-24 for the reasons I mentioned above. If it's MF and you aren't satisfied with MF, think hard about the Tamron 17-50/2.8.
It actually is AF. I'd love to but I just can't find that Tammy anywhere within my price range.