Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #1

K100D Super.Power on just 1 second.Help

First, sorry for my english. I need your help. I´ve a K100D Super, I broken the LCD with a fall. The camera works perfect, it takes photos but the lcd is broken.I change the LCD few days ago, but now there is a problem.....

When I do power on the camera just works 0.5 seconds and then it power off itself. The LCD works because I get watch the LCD when I push the flash or any bottom.

Do you help me please, I changed back the old LCD and it happens the same failure.

Sorry for my English and thank you!

01-07-2012, 03:53 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Assuming that the LCD isn't associated with the problem, have you tried a different set of batteries including ones that aren't rechargable?
01-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Another member, "loddie", recently had this same exact problem with his K100D. He took his apart to replace a dirty viewfinder, and then put everything back together. He thought he put everything back exactly the way it was, but the camera powered off immediately whenever he powered it on. Here's a link to the thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/168336-took-k100d-...mediately.html

As far as I know, he was never able to figure it out. Maybe you two can put your heads together and figure this out. It also might be a good a idea to try to get on the phone with a technician at a Pentax repair facility, and see if they can help you out.
01-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
Another member, "loddie", recently had this same exact problem with his K100D. He took his apart to replace a dirty viewfinder, and then put everything back together. He thought he put everything back exactly the way it was, but the camera powered off immediately whenever he powered it on. Here's a link to the thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/168336-took-k100d-...mediately.html

As far as I know, he was never able to figure it out. Maybe you two can put your heads together and figure this out. It also might be a good a idea to try to get on the phone with a technician at a Pentax repair facility, and see if they can help you out.
Thank you I will contact with him.