Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2012, 03:54 AM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery
I got Ricohed

Thank you to Brycec for his suggestion last year of using a piece of 35mm film to free a Ricoh pinned lens. I knew all about the pin, it was my own stupid fault. I bought a used lens and was so keen to try it that I didn't even think about checking. As I turned the jammed unit over in my hands, there, in big letters was "KR". The film strip idea worked a treat and I'm just about to get the screwdrivers out to remove the pin for once and for all.

BFN
David

01-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am glad that you fixed the lens problem and are modifing the Ricoh mount fit the Pentax with no future problems. It is nice the pass on this tip others that may be facing the same problem. Once you modify the Ricoh lens mount, it opens up the number of lens that can be used on the Pentax camera bodies a lot!
01-07-2012, 04:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
+1 : nice to hear things worked out, also knowing about this is the most important thing (as in an ounce of prevention being worth (much more than) a pound of cure ). [edit: Using a piece of film sounds like a great idea, seems less prone to leave scrathes than a thin feeler gauge which I'd recall being the tool of choice. ]
01-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We like happy endings.

Some of you who spend a great deal of time on Internet message boards or at least ones that have a lot of juvenile activity, may have, at some point been "Rickrolled". Some of us here have been "Ricohed". I'm not sure which is worse. They both can have long effects or even scars, both physical and emotional.
Avoid the Ricohed. Avoid the Rickrolled.

01-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The difference between being "Ricohed" and "Rickrolled" is that on this forum when you are "Ricohed" you are the object of sympathy, some light hearted kidding and a general "been there, done that" or "there but for the grace of god, go I", along with a LOT of pointers on how to become "UnRicohed"

(No religious flames about the 'grace of god' reference please, it's a phrase, not a religious comment)
01-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
First thing I do when I get Ricoh mount lenses is get rid of the pin before it ever touches the camera. If you have a good #0 Phillips screwdriver it's a piece of cake. Takes maybe 5 minutes, tops.