Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Dust accumulating in camera

Hi All,
I have heard that some of the owners of the non pro models of Canon and Nikon complain about dust accumulating in their cameras. Is that a problem for the non weather sealed Pentax cameras?

01-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

It's a problem with ALL DSLRs, of any brand or quality. As soon as you start swapping out lenses, the interior of the camera is exposed to air, and dust becomes inevitable. Weather sealing isn't going to help with this aspect, although it might help prevent dust getting into the lenses themselves.
01-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Dust is a fact of life. Complaining about it is tilting at windmills.
01-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by V'cuz Quote
Hi All,
I have heard that some of the owners of the non pro models of Canon and Nikon complain about dust accumulating in their cameras. Is that a problem for the non weather sealed Pentax cameras?
While weather sealing helps keep out dust, all are prone to it when changing lenses. I think owners of non pro bodies are more prone to complain about all sorts of things. I will say my 1diii is less prone to dust than my 1dsii and both are sealed, but the 1diii is newer and has the sensor cleaning features most newer bodies have. Sensor cleaning is not hard though once you do it a few times, especially on crop sensors.