Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My Pentax K200D fell down! What to expect?

It only fell down once! Never before. Today, I simply forgot to close my camera case properly and while I was taking it up to go out, the camera fell from the case to the floor. Very big shock! I really didnt realize it was not zipped! Now the camera is simply acting weird. The manual/ automatic focus button does not seem to work. It is auto focussing all the time. I am not able to take any shot with it. The display inside the view finder is pale and unreadable......

I don't wish this to happen to anyone, but I've had this camera since 2008 only, and I was planning to use it for many years to come. Is there any chance for it to be repaired? Has anyone here experienced this?. I am not sure the Pentax distributor here in Mauritius has a very good after sale repair department!

01-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Camera dropped

Donot worry about all time auto focus. It can be repaired. I had an similar experience last year. the tecnician opened rigt side of the body, refixed the displased switch . Now it works both manualy and auto mood. It was so simple that the technician even denyed to take money.