Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
Maybe, but I'm not convinced of that. It seems to me that the kind of people that are most interested in the two Fuji cameras are enthusiasts. The exact kind of people who are into lenses.
So you think those users are more interested in Sony Nex than Fuji X pro because of the Sony A-mount adapter for Nex?

01-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
So you think those users are more interested in Sony Nex than Fuji X pro because of the Sony A-mount adapter for Nex?
I have no idea how compelling the A-mount is compared to the K-mount, so I couldn't really say. That would probably be a good question to ask in an NEX forum.

In the case of a new LX, though, I still suspect that K-mount support would be a big selling point for a significant number of potential customers. At least a significant enough number that it would be worth the trouble/cost of making a K-mount adapter.

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 01-16-2012 at 08:14 AM.
01-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #48
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
I have no idea how compelling the A-mount is compared to the K-mount, so I couldn't really say. That would probably be a good question to ask in an NEX forum.

In the case of a new LX, though, I still suspect that K-mount support would be a big selling point for a significant number of potential customers. At least a significant enough number that it would be worth the trouble/cost of making a K-mount adapter.
What about a retractable k mount - so it sort of pops back into the body when its in ur pocket-size doesnt matter all that much when you're taking the actual photo...
01-17-2012, 12:44 AM   #49

Make a digital back module for the LX. Problem solved. Then pentax can dig out the old drawings and start manufacture the LX again. Ha ha ha. The advance film users will be pleased too.

Seriously, this is actually what Leica did many years back, but I forgot for which model.

I really fond of the GXR concept, perhaps the K mount DSLR can capitalized on this. A basic body with pro grade metering system, keep the K-mount in front, then interchangeable sensors module when new sensors come to life. Users will have a choice between APS-C or FF module. Cool?

01-17-2012, 05:35 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chaza01 Quote
If Ricoh/Pentax want to develop a mirrorless camera, then why not create a new Dslr (well, you know what I mean) resembling the LX (ie retro style and weatherproofing and highly durable), maybe even with a FF sensor... I doubt they would be able to fit a mirror into it, so it would be the perfect justification for introducing pentaxians into mirrorless systems. That would be my dream and perhaps the dream of nikon and canon users too...Could they do it? Would they do it? Even if it was ASP-C it could outplay a fuiji with K-mount, especially with one of those new sony sensors...

Your thoughts...
Considering the LX nearly sank Pentax, are you sure you want to repeat it
01-17-2012, 05:42 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Leica R8 / R9 were designed to take the DMR digital back, so the body had all the necessary connections. It worked very well, but the back was not made by Leica, and when its manufacturer went under that was the end. Leica then dropped their SLR line even though the R10 design was well under way. Instead they came out with the S-series medium format dSLR, and then the M8 / M9 digital rangefinders.
So here's an example of a company dropping their small-format SLR in favor or larger format professional dSLR and mirrorless models. Maybe that's why the Ricoh-Pentax photo of the Q and 645D (but no K-series) was so haunting...
01-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by chongmic Quote
Make a digital back module for the LX. Problem solved. Then pentax can dig out the old drawings and start manufacture the LX again. Ha ha ha. The advance film users will be pleased too.

Seriously, this is actually what Leica did many years back, but I forgot for which model.

I really fond of the GXR concept, perhaps the K mount DSLR can capitalized on this. A basic body with pro grade metering system, keep the K-mount in front, then interchangeable sensors module when new sensors come to life. Users will have a choice between APS-C or FF module. Cool?
if they were to make a digital back for anything, I would prefer the PZ1. This would be a mich better option. I doubt that there is sufficient data available at the back of an LX to really integrate it properly, but a PZ1 might have it

01-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #53
Veteran Member

They better be on it already

Olympus is

OM-D is coming

Olympus Set to Announce Retro OM-styled Micro Four Thirds Camera

to bad Oly sensors are less than stellar (OM series cameras were very nice)
01-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #54
Veteran Member

No kidding....

QuoteOriginally posted by chaza01 Quote
If Ricoh/Pentax want to develop a mirrorless camera, then why not create a new Dslr (well, you know what I mean) resembling the LX (ie retro style and weatherproofing and highly durable), maybe even with a FF sensor... I doubt they would be able to fit a mirror into it, so it would be the perfect justification for introducing pentaxians into mirrorless systems. That would be my dream and perhaps the dream of nikon and canon users too...Could they do it? Would they do it? Even if it was ASP-C it could outplay a fuiji with K-mount, especially with one of those new sony sensors...

Your thoughts...
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think if Pentax took a Fuji-esque approach with something like this, they'd have a lot of success, I think. Unfortunately, their marketing department seems to have never taken the sorts of initiatives needed for something like this to happen...
We were hoping they'd do that back in thee film days...I HOPE they're noticing the Fuji windfall...people are, apparently, dying for cameras that LOOK LIKE CAMERAS! An LX-D....the time is now, Pentax.

Harping on this since about 1997 or so...since the early days of the PDML.

Cheers,
Cameron
01-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #55
Veteran Member

History repeating...

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Considering the LX nearly sank Pentax, are you sure you want to repeat it
they were too late THEN, as well. Looks like they've missed the boat this time, too.

Cheers
Cameron
01-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
they were too late THEN, as well. Looks like they've missed the boat this time, too.

Cheers
Cameron

Don't know about that the oly will still be an m4/3 and mirrorless

an LX-D FF with OVF would be a thing of beauty (particularly if you could have the interchangeable finder.)
01-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #57
Banned

Olympus is coming with a digital OM, so I guess when we see it, we all want a LX-D. Unless it's uggly.
01-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #58
Pentaxian

I Want the MZ-D with the latest technology.
01-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #59
Veteran Member

MZ-D was nice but this is why I want an LX - I have CBA and LBA next I can have VFBA

01-18-2012, 02:38 AM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
MZ-D was nice but this is why I want an LX - I have CBA and LBA next I can have VFBA
I agree, apart from the basic FA-1 viewfinder the additional ones you could get with the FB viewfinder for the LX were very good I liked the FC-1 viewfinder the most - it would also be one way of making a rotating LCD somewhat obsolete. The FE1 was also particularly useful for macro work.