Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
So I'm guessing Keep K-r get K-7 Invest in some more lenses save up some more and then sell k-r to get k-5. The second body will be used as a back-up (For my sister or girlfriend when we go out for mini photowalks) And since "photowalks" are usually done in the morning/afternoon and is gonna be well planned I'm assuming that the K-7's ISO performance vs the K-r's wouldn't matter that much.

01-14-2012, 07:39 PM - 1 Like   #17

YMMV, but I'd say that you should keep the K-r in the end because:
1) Your girlfriend/sister are probably not into photography as much as you so they would probably like the slightly easier use. Having the camera choose Continuous/Single auto focus automatically, for instance. Furthermore, I'd guess that you won't be needing the weather sealing for these walks.
2) The better dynamic range of the K-r would help to prevent blown highlights, etc. and probably make them happier with the results.
3) The mass of the K-7 is also 150g more than the K-r, which may be a factor.
01-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by drugal Quote
YMMV, but I'd say that you should keep the K-r in the end because:
1) Your girlfriend/sister are probably not into photography as much as you so they would probably like the slightly easier use. Having the camera choose Continuous/Single auto focus automatically, for instance. Furthermore, I'd guess that you won't be needing the weather sealing for these walks.
2) The better dynamic range of the K-r would help to prevent blown highlights, etc. and probably make them happier with the results.
3) The mass of the K-7 is also 150g more than the K-r, which may be a factor.
True (:

I guess I can just wait for the k-5 then.