Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Red saturation K-7

HI Guys

from some recent photos while on holidays i have found that in some shots the reds in my images seem way oversaturated. I use LR generally - and have had to dial back the red saturation in a number of images lately......i wonder if you guys have seen the same and how do you normally deal with it....how do you set the 'correct' amount of red (if others do indeed see this problem) and is there an automatic way to do it?

thanks

Adrian
(sample images before and after adjustment below)

as from the camera (yes imported to lightroom and exported but you can clearly see the red glow)

and
adjusted to reduce the red which looks more as expected

01-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Set up a Lightroom preset with reds set to what you consider correct and use it as your default conversion setting.
Alternately, set the saturation on your camera down one step and use the default Lightroom conversion. I'm pretty sure Lightroom takes the camera settings and applies them to the default (though I could easily be wrong).
01-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by milesy Quote
HI Guys

from some recent photos while on holidays i have found that in some shots the reds in my images seem way oversaturated. I use LR generally - and have had to dial back the red saturation in a number of images lately......i wonder if you guys have seen the same and how do you normally deal with it....how do you set the 'correct' amount of red (if others do indeed see this problem) and is there an automatic way to do it?

thanks

Adrian
(sample images before and after adjustment below)
Unfortunately, this is pretty typical of DSLR and Pentax is worse than most in this regard. As Wheatfield said, you could simply create a custom profile in LR to turn down the Red saturation a bit, or do it on a case-by-case basis, like I do.
01-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thanks for your replies guys

i have to say i hadnt noticed the red saturation that much until recently - now it just seems to scream at me when i see images like this.......i was going to set a default but of course not all images need it so i guess its a case by case situation