Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #1
Inactive Account

K10D won't change for 'RAW' shooting

I go to the Menu, Raw-DNG, select, o.k., than Menu to exit than when I ck the 'info' screen it shows that it did not change to raw but is still JPEG. Also the pics. available to take remains @ the JPEG quantity. I have tried double clicking the o.k. button twice but this makes no difference. I have also tried to change by selecting the 'RAW' button on the body but this does not work either. What am I doing wrong? I would like to start working in RAW. Thanks for the help.

12-28-2007, 10:33 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dales Quote
I go to the Menu, Raw-DNG, select, o.k., than Menu to exit than when I ck the 'info' screen it shows that it did not change to raw but is still JPEG. Also the pics. available to take remains @ the JPEG quantity. I have tried double clicking the o.k. button twice but this makes no difference. I have also tried to change by selecting the 'RAW' button on the body but this does not work either. What am I doing wrong? I would like to start working in RAW. Thanks for the help.
The RAW button on the body will only work for the next shot, then cancel, by default. You can set it to toggle RAW on/off in the menus.

When you go in the Rec. Mode menu you must set your options on the first two lines on the second page of the Rec. Mode menu. In short hand:

[Menu]
[V] 7 times to select [File Format]
[>] and [^]/[V] to select either RAW or RAW+ (which also does a jpeg)
[OK] to select this format
[V] to select [RAW file format]
[>] Select PEF or DNG
[OK] to select your option
[OK] or [Menu] to exit.

If you want to retain this as your standard setting when you set the mode dial to [USER], you also need to go into the Set Up menu and save the settings.

[Menu]
[Set Up Menu]
[>] on [USER]
[OK] to save the settings to your [USER] mode.

Hope this helps!
12-30-2007, 04:33 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I dont know if this helps but raw will not work in 'P or auto' mode' only av, tv, m, ect

Bobartex
12-30-2007, 09:05 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobartex Quote
I dont know if this helps but raw will not work in 'P or auto' mode' only av, tv, m, ect

Bobartex
Untrue. The mode dial has no effect on whether or not you capture in RAW, whether you select it as default or use the [RAW] button. My camera only takes JPEG after I press the [RAW] button as I have RAW set as my default capture mode. I just tested everything on the mode dial from X to USER, and my k10d switches to RAW+ and out again as I press the [RAW] button, as expected.

12-30-2007, 09:11 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobartex Quote

Bobartex
Untrue. The mode dial has no effect on whether or not you capture in RAW, whether you select it as default or use the [RAW] button. My camera only takes JPEG after I press the [RAW] button as I have RAW set as my default capture mode. I just tested everything on the mode dial from X to USER, and my k10d switches to RAW+ and out again as I press the [RAW] button, as expected.