Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2007, 07:22 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
creative way to sell more Pentax

Found out that Pentax wired remotes and Magnifying eyepieces also fit Canon Rebel dslrs. Have a fair number of them running around with Pentax parts on them. Told a Canonite that he was being switched over to a better camera one piece at a time. We are always kidding each other! Both parts do work fine. The mag eyepiece is a big hit with Canon folk. My flash bracket with trigger release is a "Canon model" because they don't make a Pentax version.
Can't wait for the new Pentax cameras. Driving me crazy. They should help put Pentax into the #3 spot. Hope Pentax can make enough. Demand will be so high. Exciting times. Will live at the computer in Jan.

thanks
barondla

Check out the point and shoot photo contest in P&S forum.

12-29-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
My flash bracket with trigger release is a "Canon model" because they don't make a Pentax version.
Barondla, what is the model number of your flash bracket? I'm still looking for one and I would like to check that out.
12-31-2007, 06:58 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It is made by RPS. Will get the model number from work and post it later.
thanks
barondla
12-31-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I've been in the local camera store a few time,and sold a Pentax camera by simply showing people what it can do

And I don't work there, which I think helps at times. People know that I have nothing to gain.
I hope that they aren't too disappointed when they find out that the person behind the camera has something to do with the equation.

I haven't had any commission, but I sure get nice deals there

12-31-2007, 04:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

... The mag eyepiece is a big hit with Canon folk. ...
Info: Pentax camera can also use Nikon's mag eyepiece.
12-31-2007, 05:45 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The flash bracket I use is an RPS Studio model RS-0420/EOS. Also says eTTL2 digital flash bracket on package. It comes with an electronic shutter release cable connection, and a TTL flash cable. If you buy the Canon model it will fire all the Pentax dslrs. The bracket also comes with the Canon ttl cord which does us no good. Actually use that on my Olympus E300 dslr. Works fine.
Love the bracket because it works well for macro or people. I unscrew the hotshoe and mount flash hanging upside down. With Sunpak sofbox I have to use the Pentax made TTL cord. The platform the camera sits on flips up and down for vertical & horizontal. Flash stays in same position. The bracket can be set up left or right handed with firing trigger in front or thumb operated (favorite). The bracket will fit on a tripod. A picture is included. Glad I didn't have to design this .

thanks
barondla
Attached Images

12-31-2007, 07:23 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Maybe actually Canon had bought Pentax long ago! ;-)

Found out that Pentax wired remotes and Magnifying eyepieces also fit Canon Rebel dslrs. Have a fair number of them running around with Pentax parts on them. Told a Canonite that he was being switched over to a better camera one piece at a time. We are always kidding each other! Both parts do work fine. The mag eyepiece is a big hit with Canon folk. My flash bracket with trigger release is a "Canon model" because they don't make a Pentax version.
Can't wait for the new Pentax cameras. Driving me crazy. They should help put Pentax into the #3 spot. Hope Pentax can make enough. Demand will be so high. Exciting times. Will live at the computer in Jan.

thanks
barondla

Check out the point and shoot photo contest in P&S forum.

12-31-2007, 11:33 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The flash bracket I use is an RPS Studio model RS-0420/EOS. Also says eTTL2 digital flash bracket on package. It comes with an electronic shutter release cable connection, and a TTL flash cable. If you buy the Canon model it will fire all the Pentax dslrs. The bracket also comes with the Canon ttl cord which does us no good. Actually use that on my Olympus E300 dslr. Works fine.
Love the bracket because it works well for macro or people. I unscrew the hotshoe and mount flash hanging upside down. With Sunpak sofbox I have to use the Pentax made TTL cord. The platform the camera sits on flips up and down for vertical & horizontal. Flash stays in same position. The bracket can be set up left or right handed with firing trigger in front or thumb operated (favorite). The bracket will fit on a tripod. A picture is included. Glad I didn't have to design this .

thanks
barondla
Cool. I see they sell for $125 on flea-Bay and $130 at B&H. Is there anyplace else that's cheaper? Does your shop sell them?
12-31-2007, 11:58 PM   #9
m8o
Veteran Member

RE: creative way to sell more Pentax

come out with a line of condoms... with ribbing that spells 'Pentax' in both alphabetics and braille.
01-03-2008, 06:56 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, I sell them. They run about $125 + shipping. They are a great bracket. Even comes with a 2 pocket case of Cordura. The upright pole has a standard light stand attachment on it. So the cross beam that holds the flash can be quickly removed and repalced with something else. The pole also extends real tall.
Don't think Pentax would win the condom war. Canon & Nikon would always have a bigger, faster one. Well maybe faster isn't so good. Might have a chance after all.
thanks
barondla
01-03-2008, 06:03 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
RE: creative way to sell more Pentax

come out with a line of condoms... with ribbing that spells 'Pentax' in both alphabetics and braille.
Baaahahahahhaha!!! Gold!

Would be a skilled lady to read it
01-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #12
Inactive Account

this is weird.