Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Finally ordered my Pentax K10D!

Went to my local camera store today and I put myself down on the waiting list. Its expected to arrive sometime in February as I'm number fifty one the list! I could buy one at some other store here in town but the store I ordered from is small, and offers great customer service, so I feel its better to support them than the big chain stores.

How long did the rest of you wait for your camera? I'm not complaining at it gives me time to search around for a cheap memory card and lenses in the meantime now that I'm not all that busy.

Dan

12-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

My father and I were 3, 4, and 5 on the list at our local shop. We had the camera in hand on November 20, or so. (Photokina to arrival in New Mex.)
12-23-2006, 08:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

my only wait was my getting to my lunch hour and the 2 stop train ride i had to take. other wise, I was probably the first to pick it up from that store...(if not the Tri-state or even all of the eastern seaboard)
12-24-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I waited about 3 weeks. Also bought it from a small store. Actually let a friend jump in line and take my original spot. Needed it for a trip. He was happy. Turned out some great shots. I wasn't in too big a hurry still have the DS. You will love the K10D.
thanks
barondla

12-24-2006, 11:23 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I waited two days. I went into my local camera shop and found out that there were 3 coming in (their second shipment, one already fully paid for) so I got off the fence and gave them a deposit on a Wednesday. By the time I picked it up (after lunch) the third one was sold also.
01-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Got the call today that the camera was in after being told it would arrive sometime in early February!

However, I turned down the camera as my lifestyle does not leave me with much time to learn and enjoy the camera and I always wanted a two seater sports car. My last DSLR I expected it would automatically take high quality pictures but it requires much more than having fancy technology.

In the meantime I will peak in occasionally to check your guys/gals beautiful pictures until one day that I choose to return to the SLR world.
01-05-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
Forum Member

Ordered at Amazon.co.uk first with an eta of late January and then noticed Jessops.co.uk were advertising it, ordered, and got my camera straight away. They had plenty of stock.