Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #1

Just bought K10D, line across every picture

like the title says, i just bought a K10D on ebay, it looked like it was in great shape, obviously well cared for and with only 2900 shutter actuations. i was taking a few pictures just to figure out how to use it and threw a bracketed set into photomatix. i noticed a yellow line in the lower left of the photo, going almost to the center. In the HDR photo, the line really pops and is very obvious. i reviewed the originals and sure enough every single one has that line in exactly the same spot. there is also vertical streaking, and 14 dead pixels. i expected to see a dead pixel to two, but 14? i've attached two photos, the black one is a picture at 1600 iso with the lens cap on, it shows the 14 dead pixels and the horizontal streak. the picture of the fan shows the vertical streaking and the horizontal line. whats going on with this camera?

"]

01-21-2012, 03:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum.

Some hot pixels isn't surprising, but streaking like that shouldn't happen. It looks like a sensor issue, probably not worth repairing on a K10D. I'd recommend you attempt to return it as defective. If the seller is uncooperative, you should have some recourse by disputing it as not being as described, but you should give the seller a chance to accept a return and refund it first.
01-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That's a failed or failing sensor line. I have had two of these go on my K20D ( fortunately I had the extended warranty and it was covered both times) and that line is not a good thing. It can occur both horizontal and vertically.

Only cure is to replace the sensor.