Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #1

Videos with KX in dark room

Hey what's up guys well I have been enjoying my KX so far, which I bought from a great member of this forum. I have also been learning more about the KX and again I am very happy to have gone with Pentax. I recall reading somewhere for videos a DSLR is not great especially the KX. I have noticed the quality seems to sucks when the event you are filming seems to be kind of dark with less light. I am assuming this is where the KX struggles in focusing. Keep in mind I am still learning this whole DSLR hobby. Is there is a way or perhaps a trick where is possible to make the video a lot better in dark situations? Here is a video of a Salt water store in Manhattan, I was in NY for my birthday and New Year. I am kinda disappointed because I filmed too quick we were about to leave. But there were certain situations where I had a difficulties trying to focus or it was too dark. Most of this tanks had T5 lights and a couple of them had LED.

Let me know what you guys think of the video and I apologize for the quality and you might want to lower your volume or muted lol

My next video is going to be a slide show of RAW pictures I took from this store and another Salt Water store from Queens, NY.

01-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
As an aquarium nerd I really like this! I think the result is really good considering how hard it is to film aquariums and even harder to film multiple ones in the same shot.
01-25-2012, 03:43 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
As an aquarium nerd I really like this! I think the result is really good considering how hard it is to film aquariums and even harder to film multiple ones in the same shot.
Really?? WOW this sounds great then, I think you going to enjoy my pictures as well. I am also in the process of setting up my 55g as a frag tank after 6 months of trying to. I also found a coral in shape of a hearth lol .
01-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CarlitosReef Quote
Really?? WOW this sounds great then, I think you going to enjoy my pictures as well. I am also in the process of setting up my 55g as a frag tank after 6 months of trying to. I also found a coral in shape of a hearth lol .
Haha! I'm a fresh water guy so I skip the whole "mix-suitable-water-part".
Looking forward to seeing more!

Some of my videos!
K-7:

01-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Forum Member

Op is panning too fast IMHO
01-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Markbrumbaugh Quote
Op is panning too fast IMHO
Very true if you read my description on the video I point that out myself and I apologize for that quality. I know I could have done better but we were about to leave being in Manhattan around 5pm after that traffic gets crazy
01-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #7

Original Poster
@Visual Darkness Great videos I will SUB make sure you do as well!
01-26-2012, 05:28 AM   #8

Original Poster
This 2 videos were also filmed by me while I was in NY. They are not on my channel but I gave them to my cousin to upload since is his 10g Tank. Let me know what you guys think of it. Also I was suppose to make a 3rd video on the tank with LED on only. For some reason looking through the Pentax Live it made the tank look all black and white when I was trying to film the tank on Blue LED anyone know why?

02-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #9

Original Poster
Part 2 guys here are the RAW pictures I am surprised when I saw them in the PC they look great!!