Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Inactive Account

leica r lens on Pentax

I have a Pentax 35mm camera system and also some Leica R lens that I would like to use on a Pentax camera body. Any suggestions on how best to mount the Leica lens on the Pentax body?

01-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Leica R and Pentax K are too close in specification so it is not possible to use an adapter, but it is possible to change the mount on the lens.
Leica & Pentax & Nikon | Leitax
01-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Leitax is the sure way to go, but I've also seen this one on eBay, that might be worth trying for the low cost:
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
01-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You might want to double check flange distances. With that adapter, I'm guessing infinity is no longer an option. Also you lose the ability to compose and focus with the aperture wide open unless you manually open it and then close and meter your exposure. I'm guessing. That this setup is probably less than ideal.

01-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zosxavius Quote
You might want to double check flange distances. With that adapter, I'm guessing infinity is no longer an option.
I don't think it's an adapter, but a replacement mount for the lens, just like Leitax.
01-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zosxavius Quote
You might want to double check flange distances. With that adapter, I'm guessing infinity is no longer an option. Also you lose the ability to compose and focus with the aperture wide open unless you manually open it and then close and meter your exposure. I'm guessing. That this setup is probably less than ideal.
This is the Chinese version of the Leitax equivalent. A friend of mine had two of his Leica R lenses converted to K mount. He bought one mount from Leitax and another mount from the eBay seller mentioned in the #3 post. He encountered no problem converting his lenses with either of the mounts but he did buy some longer screws from Leitax to use with both conversions.
01-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Got to know a friend who's still holding many of the Leica R module plus some R mounts lenses, was told that he's still shooting in the film mode instead of the current digital mode, refer to the various R mount lenses in the following, if I would like to use it into my Kx, it should be able to mount with the Adapter mentioned in post #3 right?

01-28-2012, 04:32 AM   #8
Pentaxian

There aree no adapter for using Leica R mount lenses on K mount camera. You need to modify lenses for them to work on a Pentax DSLR, but then you can't use them on a Leica R camera.

01-28-2012, 05:23 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
There aree no adapter for using Leica R mount lenses on K mount camera. You need to modify lenses for them to work on a Pentax DSLR, but then you can't use them on a Leica R camera.
Though the process is however reversible.
01-28-2012, 05:57 AM   #10
Forum Member

I am planning to acquire a few Leica R lenses and put Leitax mounts on them --- as funds permit. FYI:

theatre of noise: Leica Lenses on Pentax Cameras
01-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Might I recommend this thread -

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-clubs/80029-leica-lens-club.html
07-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #12

Thanks for the info! I'm going to try it out.
10-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #13

Hello,

I find these Leica lens with the mounts from Leitax to be out of this world ... the quality is wonderful and images are great.
I mostly shoot B&W landscapes or fine art nudes so the lens being 100% manual is just fine with me.... use the 28/2.8 and 35/2.8 am thinking about selling the 35/2.8 am finding I can get all the images I want with just the 28/2.8