Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2012, 12:18 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A great day for Pentaxian

After the K-01 announcement, this is in fact a great day for all of us.

The look of the K-01 aside, we have a clear and bright future in a long long time! from K-01, we realize:

1. Ricoh commitment & continuation to K-mount (the fear of missing K5/Kr in the homepage);
2. New lens map!!!!

and much to look forward to the K-5,K-r replacement camera (K-r replacement rumor at CP+ http://digicame-info.com/2012/02/cpk-r.html):
- More focus points like the K-01?
- Much improved video capabilities (manual) like the K-01?
- More reasonably priced camera? (K-01 is priced more reasonably than the Q)
- Lower priced ltd lenses? (DA40 XS is about $150 comparing K-01 with/without the lens)

After cursing Marc several times and settled down, I have much hope for Pentax and excited to learn what is coming.

I only have one suggestion: Keep Marc out of any new camera design, let the already awesome Pentax designer do their job. (Also keep Ricoh designer (the grip is Ricoh GXR grip) out)

02-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

While I'm sure the carping will begin tomorrow, for today, I'm totally in agreement. Very cool.
02-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Here here!
02-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
I only have one suggestion: Keep Marc out of any new camera design, let the already awesome Pentax designer do their job. (Also keep Ricoh designer (the grip is Ricoh GXR grip) out)
Couldn't agree more, even though I think the camera looks ok.

02-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I will say keep Marc, finally something that is more modern
02-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Agree 100% - great news indeed.

Reading the comments on the K-01 it seems a lot of people misunderstand, and think it is a replacement for K-r/K5. To me, it seems like Pentax/Ricoh is expanding their potential customer base, while being able to leverage a lot of common technology/hardware (lenses, components, etc.). It also creates a very nice path for customers to grow within the total system.

I have to believe that a broad and strong foundation will ultimate help those of us who want to stick with DSLRs. I for one have no intent to go mirrorless, but I still think this is a great move for Pentax/Ricoh
02-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I agree a super day for us who have invested in the K mount. They have produced a mirrorless camera that complements our K mount kit and have shown their hand at where the lenses are heading. I couldn't be happier. People already look at me strange with my Pentax DSLRs and Ltds. I will knock them over with the K-01. Talk about cheap Wow
02-02-2012, 03:05 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Although I don't care for the K-01, I agree it's great to see development continue under Ricoh. I'm excited that new lenses are in the pipeline along with an updated teleconverter (FINALLY). Although I love my K-5, I would sell it in a heartbeat if Pentax announces a full frame. And gadzooks, if we ever get updated flashes, I would probably have a heart attack.

02-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
Pentaxian

I agree with you LFLee. "Pentax wasn't dead, it just went to bed"...Now, its seems somebody woke them up.
02-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
After the K-01 announcement, this is in fact a great day for all of us.

The look of the K-01 aside, we have a clear and bright future in a long long time! from K-01, we realize:

1. Ricoh commitment & continuation to K-mount (the fear of missing K5/Kr in the homepage);
2. New lens map!!!!

and much to look forward to the K-5,K-r replacement camera (K-r replacement rumor at CP+ http://digicame-info.com/2012/02/cpk-r.html):
- More focus points like the K-01?
- Much improved video capabilities (manual) like the K-01?
- More reasonably priced camera? (K-01 is priced more reasonably than the Q)
- Lower priced ltd lenses? (DA40 XS is about $150 comparing K-01 with/without the lens)

After cursing Marc several times and settled down, I have much hope for Pentax and excited to learn what is coming.

Helluva great news indeed. Ricoh just shelled out a bomb on everyone, including us. While the K-01's design may not please many (me included) its function as part of the Pentax lineup and the update on the lens roadmap is refreshing and exciting. Ricoh, with all that buzz it set up for this year's releases, I guess is fully intent on going head on with Canikon and the mirrorless crowd. Seems they've given their marketing department more jobs this time.

I was very disappointed with the K-01 at first until a post here in PentaxForums shed me some light on the product. Yeah, the K-01 is FUGLY and UNCOOL for SLR users yes. But for people who've only known phonecams and P&S? It will be one very nice joyride. I guess there's gonna be a lot more new glass too. Part of the Pentax success will come from us - Pentaxians - who on our own can endorse and show people how to enjoy photography the Pentax way. I'm very positive about Ricoh's current moves and would happily help the brand to grow.

QuoteOriginally posted by einstrigger Quote
And gadzooks, if we ever get updated flashes, I would probably have a heart attack.
MUST!! hahah something like a new AF600FGZ.. that performs and handles as good as the Metz58AF2 - booom!!
02-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #11
Pentaxian

And I haven't even started to worry before K-01 about Pentax's future
02-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #12
Pentaxian

While I don't like the K-01 and have no intention of buying one, it does show a commitment to Pentax's current user base, which is very rare in today's corporate world and I commend them for that.

What I want...want...WANT, is that DA*20-80mm f2.8!! Why are you guys making us wait almost 2 years