Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K10D finally discontinued

I just visited cameracanada.com and K10D has been said to be discontinued. Looks like the replacement will be here soon.

Last edited by wlachan; 01-02-2008 at 05:01 PM.
01-02-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Old news for some people...
01-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Old news in that it's been known that a replacement is expected to be announced soon, but I don't think anyone has seen mention of the K10D actually being discontinued.
01-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Old news in that it's been known that a replacement is expected to be announced soon, but I don't think anyone has seen mention of the K10D actually being discontinued.
Correct = not common knowledge about it ending production. That's the first I've seen about it being made public. I generally don't get involved in discussions about the upcoming stuff, since I am under NDA.

That follows suit with the fact that I've rarely posted anything into any contentious threads or issues on the forum. I prefer to let my silence speak instead...

01-03-2008, 06:48 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Dealers can't order a new dslr from Pentax US! Haven't been able to for a month. New cameras will arrive around March. Gap, what gap. People wonder why dealers don't carry pentax.
thanks
barondla

enter the P&S photo contest in the P&S forum. Any brand allowed.
01-03-2008, 06:59 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
RUMORS, RUMORS, RUMORS. I swore I would not get involved in these threads but will only add this. Alan, I bet these are the same guys that would have said about a month or two ago that Pentax was going out of business. Or that your old lens will not work with the new cameras. Most of the time (not all) the guys at the store are guessing or making up what they think is the truth. I like 35MMFILM like to remain silent. I do it becuase I have no clue and will wait for the official info before I speculate. Appreciate your passing on what you hear but until it is posted on the Pentax site. I would not worry.
01-03-2008, 04:16 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Truth: sales of the K10D were so good, it knocked expectations waaay out of the ball park. Probably into the next county...

Connecting the dots is simple from that perspective. What I know is not rumor, and you know I generally will not contribute to speculation, etc. since it's not really in my nature for that sort of thing. NDA is an important consideration too.

Henceforth I shall remain silent about it (NDA and out of respect for Pat and other's wishes too).

Regards,
Marc