Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2008, 06:49 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nikonic Quote
Overall I'm very happy with the 540. I love the range of swivel on the head with its 1 button operation. The speed and ease of the controls is great. The wireless operation is MUCH MUCH better than Canon's.

When operating in the A mode the results are accurate, consistent, and exactly what I want it to be. It's just interesting that the P-TTL mode has been so problematic for me. I'm glad that the A mode works so well because the prospect of using the strobe in full manual mode all the time would have made me switch companies (metz,etc.)

Is there a way to have the strobe default to the A mode on start up? I always have to change it when starting the strobe from P-TTL to A and thats a bit of a pain.
From experience, the 540 starts up and assumes the most advanced mode possible based upon camera information, For example, on my *istD, if I put a K mount lens on the camera it defaults to TTL, but if I put a KA mount lens it defaults to P-TTL. For some reason, on the K10 it starts up with TTL with K mount lenses as opposed to auto. This , I think is a mistake on pentax's part.

01-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Deni Quote
Is the metz 58 af-1 better than the cheaper sigma ef-530 dg super? If yes, why?
The 360 and 540 is known i ain't zooming and no AF assist when operated in A mode. But apparently the metz does both.
I'm also wondering about the Sigma 530. No one review it yet.
01-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #18

hearing the usual complaints about the pentax flashes ( btw why the 360 doesn't swivel? all the cheap flashes from competitin - sb600, 430ex, FL36 - do it ), i Just got the metz 48AF, I'll let you know how it goes when it arrives...
Closed Thread