Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Heie, this is a beautiful set of photographs. I paused for a long while over the image of the bullet casing.

Be safe over there.

02-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Be safe! There might be a nice Pentax waiting for you from PF you when you come back

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Come home safe.
02-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
Your posts on the positive aspects of using Pentax has always been very fresh to read here.

02-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #20
Inactive Account

I'll echo everybody else. Great pics (esp. the big mountain pics), thank you for serving, good luck and stay safe, and will be looking forward to more images after you return. Jim
02-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Keep your ass down and your eyes open. Semper Fi.
02-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Three of my son's mates served there with the Royal Marines. They all came back safely. Be sure you do the same .

Keep your head down. You can always get a new K5.

Good luck

02-15-2012, 03:34 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Be safe! There might be a nice Pentax waiting for you from PF you when you come back
That's a classy move there Adam... Props.

I share the sentiment... Stay safe buddy...
02-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Great shots Heie! You have a very good Eye, make sure to keep it safe!
02-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Come home safe and thanks for your service...

FCC(SW) William Elliott USN (Ret.)
02-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #26

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Thanks for sharing your pics. You know you aren't as terrible as you make out! Be safe and I hope you have more time for photography than soldiering!
02-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #27
Forum Member

Be safe and see you soon in this forum.
02-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #28
Forum Member

It is not a goodbye but just an "until we meet again" !!
There are prices to be paid, and sacrifices to be made when you want to make this world a better place ... which you are willingly carrying out.

I salute you ... be safe, and be proud !
02-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Be safe and thanks for your service. No telling what the world would be like if it weren't for people like yourself.
02-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, it turns out our flight got delayed because of the crappy weather, so tomorrow hopefully we go wheels up. But it gave me an opportunity stop by PF and see my original point being proved all over again - this community really is an amazingly warm place. I was not expecting this at all.

Thank you all very much for your well wishes, as well as your compliments! I will never forget my first trials into photography less than two years ago where I sincerely believed that all cameras were created equal and that megapixels were an indicator of picture quality. So to have earned such accolades means a lot, and I am very appreciative.
I realized I didn't give any insight as to what my job is other than the "Combat Engineer" written in my signature. I am not a combat cameraman, so photography will never be a priority of mine over there - it is just to help share my experiences with friends and family back home (and now here at PF), as well as to help keep me sane during my down time. Without divulging too much, as a combat engineer officer, I will be responsible for a platoon whose mission it is to clear the roads of roadside bombs (aka I.E.D.'s) and render them safe for the local populace, as well as other Coalition Forces, to drive on.

Again, thank you very much, and I will surely do my best to keep my head low. A very close family member also gave me a very astute piece of advice: "pin your ears back."

-
Heie

P.S. Adam, I don't know what to say....that is extremely generous of you.