Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
New flash arrived today Sigma ef 610 super

The Sigma ef 610 super arrived today.

Just had a quick few snaps with it and a quick read of the destruction book. So I guess its time to start to learning to use a flash. But I think this will compliment my K7 very well.

Any tips and tricks when using this flash would be welcome.

02-16-2012, 05:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Has it got manual mode? slave mode? if it does get yourself a small stand, a coupling head with a cold feet, a translucid umbrella and start shooting it off camera! (you can use the on camera flash dialed down to -2 as a commander!).
If not you can always experiment bouncing it (i'm assuming it's got tilt and swivel) off the ceiling and walls...if you use manual mode you'll get pretty fast to correct estimations of aperture+ output power for a correct exposure.
WARNING: off camera lighting is addictive and you'll end up owning at least 3 flashes, couple of stands, radio triggers and several light modifyers...oh and roscoe gels to add the hint of colour lots of pictures will thank.
you probably already seen it too but there it goes:

And you might want to see the Zach Arias' one light workshop and the strobist DVDs.
Have fun!
02-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #3

Original Poster
Its got most of that. I also have a cheap hk flash that has slave function. Yeh looking forward to using it off camera.
02-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #4
Veteran Member

post some of those when you got some time on your hands..

02-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #5

Original Poster
Yeh sure will it might be a while as im working all week