Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New member needs DSLR advice

I just joined the Pentax Forum and need some help. I have used the ZX5-N for several years. I have 4 lenses for this body and an AF500 flash. I have loved this camera. It is now time to go digital and I have been shooting a Canon S5is for several months. I love it. It is a great camera. However, I have the DSLR bug and can't decide b/n the K100D Super or the K10D. I am leaning toward the 100 but need some advice from othe forum members. A friend of mine is shooting the Rebel XTi and I have seen some great shots she has taken. Any help or advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

01-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think they are both great cameras. If you are interested in IR photography, go with the K100d due to less IR filtering, (Brought to my attention from the fellow members). However, You may manage to get a K10d at a decent price at or near the announcement of the K20

- Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by jmrinlc Quote
I just joined the Pentax Forum and need some help. I have used the ZX5-N for several years. I have 4 lenses for this body and an AF500 flash. I have loved this camera. It is now time to go digital and I have been shooting a Canon S5is for several months. I love it. It is a great camera. However, I have the DSLR bug and can't decide b/n the K100D Super or the K10D. I am leaning toward the 100 but need some advice from othe forum members. A friend of mine is shooting the Rebel XTi and I have seen some great shots she has taken. Any help or advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
01-03-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I suggest this post as a place to start.
01-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the input. I appreciate the advice.

01-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
I suggest this post as a place to start.
Excellent post, thanks for passing it on.