Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2006, 05:55 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
I don't usually use flash but my wife wanted some pics of the christmas decorations and I heard a POP and the flash died,I have a sn 221xxxx and i'm really bummed It also took out some of my mode functions when set on AF.s something must have gotten a surge.I guess i'll wait till jan 2 untill I can talk to pentax service. I hope it will be fixed or replaced soon because I was really enjoying getting back into photography after a long hiatus.I just won a new lens on ebay too! I guess i'll have to break out the trusty k1000
I didn't wait until Jan 2 for Pentax Imaging to reopen. After reading the threads on speaking with the poor souls in Colorado who had to work during the holidays, I sent it in. My hope was that it would be one of the first to be attended to when they return from break.

My big concern, one that I'll call on the 2nd to ask about, is if they have the replacement part(s) and if not will they replace the camera or make me wait until they get parts.

12-30-2006, 06:39 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
no flash

Let me know what happens, I think you'll get yours pretty fast;mine might need a new circuit board and I think the post office might be closed tues. for frmr. pres. ford's funeral ,I could be wrong.I'm gonna miss my camera.Maybe i'll glue the flash closed so i'llnever be able to use it!

good luck tom b.