Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2006, 05:44 PM   #1

K110D trouble!

hello everyone and merry christmas to all. now being christmas and all i have just received a brand new K110D slr pentax camera. the problem is that when i turn it on nothing comes up on the screen and when i press the shutter button it doesnt take a picture. the batteries are working because the menu option works, which is the only thing that does. the flash doesnt pop up as the manual says it should and i have gone through the whole operating manual and found nothing. it just wont take a picture. can this be fixed or is it a defect in the camera? any help is appreciated and thank you!

12-25-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by AmandaJL Quote
hello everyone and merry christmas to all. now being christmas and all i have just received a brand new K110D slr pentax camera. the problem is that when i turn it on nothing comes up on the screen and when i press the shutter button it doesnt take a picture. the batteries are working because the menu option works, which is the only thing that does. the flash doesnt pop up as the manual says it should and i have gone through the whole operating manual and found nothing. it just wont take a picture. can this be fixed or is it a defect in the camera? any help is appreciated and thank you!

I'd go back and recheck the batteries again.

If the Menu will come up, go to the "Set Up" portion, then to reset. Bring that up and do a complete reset. That May, or may not, work, but it's the only suggestion I have.

Ed
12-25-2006, 06:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AmandaJL Quote
I would double check that the lens is "clicked in" properly. I would even take it off, then put it back on. of course I would leave the camera off while I was doing it.

good luck
12-26-2006, 08:59 AM   #4

Original Poster
thank you! my lens was not on correctly. i took it off and read the instructions carefully as to how to put it on right. and it works! everythings ok! thank you very much.

12-26-2006, 09:29 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yea and hooray! Too bad not all problems can be fixed so easily. Enjoy your new camera Amanda.

NaCl(hoping we'll see some of your pictures soon)H2O