Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
Ed in GA

Well Ed, Duh-Huh

I've had my K10D for about two months now. Well, between being sick, Christmas, Shopping & other things, I've had little time to take photographs and/or learn all about my nice new toy.

I've been reluctant to switch to shooting raw mostly due to my fear of the unknown and the fear that I'd take an important photo and somehow screw it up and lose it. Not to mention the fact that my wife likes to see thing right away.

OK, Here comes the raw button and the raw+ setting that I have just learned how it works.

Dang, you can actually have your cake and eat it too with this camera. Amazing.

So, now, I've got the raw file to play with and learn on and the jpg for my wifes instant gratification needs.

This camera is simply amazing. It the K** coming out later this year improves this, I'll be in line to get one for sure.

Thanks for looking,

Ed

01-05-2008, 03:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have been photographing for some 50 years. But gone are the days when you can pick up a new camera and intuitively get to work. With both the *istd and K10D I developed the practice of going right through the manual about every two weeks for the first six months. After three years and one year respectively I still go right through the manual every couple of months. It is surprising what you can forget if you don't use the facility on a regular basis.

Like you I am interested in post 24 Jan events but any new camera would have to be something else to take my attention from the K10D. A full frame offering of course would be a no brainer

Enjoy you K10D

David