Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
This is why I always carry an Olympus 770-SW, good to 10m / 33ft underwater, just right for walking under the Sea of Cortez etc. The Oly's manometer (depth gauge) also works as an altimeter up to about 5km / 16400ft, so I'll know whether I can breathe if I exit a vehicle at elevation. That's very useful when traveling the Pan-American Highway. The Oly is also my most pocket-able camera, very elegant when I'm forced to wear slacks without cargo pockets.

Just out of curiosity, do the Optio series sport manometers?
No, they don't but I have a Pentax W20 and a W90 which are even more pocketable. I can breath comfortably at 12,000' but I don't care to go higher so I don't need an altimeter.

02-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think they do sport manometers but I'm secure in my manhood so I'm good. Not much chance of the feminine side slipping out. I am thinking my next one would have a GPS though...