Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2006, 06:58 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Merry Christmas - LBA Post [2 Img]

Merry Christmas, all. A couple of LBA shots from the DA 70 that I opened Christmas morning; the 1st pic is of my grand daughter digging into a present, the 2nd is of our dining room wall after the sun came out on a cold (for coastal Texas) Christmas afternoon.

Happy New Year Everyone,

Jerry

12-26-2006, 07:04 AM   #2

Congrats on a fine present.

I liked the photo of the grandaughter.. oblivious to the lens of course.. LOL
12-26-2006, 07:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Nice. Congrats! I'm still trying to decide between the DA70 and FA 77.

regards,
12-26-2006, 07:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Merry Christmas Jerry!

Congratulations on the new lens. That is a precious photo of your granddaughter. I love the detail you can pick out in the border and the wall of the second photo.

12-26-2006, 07:29 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Merry Christmas Jerry. Congratulations on the new acquisition to your LBA "family" Was thinking seriously of the 70mm pancake but have decided to wait till the 77mm ltd comes available again. But with captures like yours maybe I'll rethink my decision.
Great picture of your granddaughter. I like the expression of concentration on her face. The shadow detail on your dining room wall gives it almost an abstract feel. Nice capture.

NaCl(what to do! my Christmas money is starting to get warm and LBA is calling)H2O
12-26-2006, 09:31 AM   #6
Veteran Member

great photo of your beautiful daughter!

Have a happy new year!

randy
12-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photo_mom Quote
Merry Christmas Jerry!

Congratulations on the new lens. That is a precious photo of your granddaughter. I love the detail you can pick out in the border and the wall of the second photo.
Thanks, Tracy. I hope you're enjoying the holidays, family and your new K10D as much as I am.

Jerry

12-26-2006, 09:43 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Merry Christmas Jerry. Congratulations on the new acquisition to your LBA "family" Was thinking seriously of the 70mm pancake but have decided to wait till the 77mm ltd comes available again. But with captures like yours maybe I'll rethink my decision.
Great picture of your granddaughter. I like the expression of concentration on her face. The shadow detail on your dining room wall gives it almost an abstract feel. Nice capture.

NaCl(what to do! my Christmas money is starting to get warm and LBA is calling)H2O
Hey, you gotta be east(he's another sailor)saltwater.

Thanks for the kind comments. I went for a DA 70 to complete my trio of pancake lenses for those times I want to travel light. An FA 77 (with it's speed and extra reach) will probably be more versatile.

Happy New Year

Jer
12-26-2006, 10:35 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Great color rendition, sharp and clean. Very nice.
12-26-2006, 12:22 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey, you gotta be east(he's another sailor)saltwater.

Thanks for the kind comments. I went for a DA 70 to complete my trio of pancake lenses for those times I want to travel light. An FA 77 (with it's speed and extra reach) will probably be more versatile.

Happy New Year

Jer
Yep, Jer that's me! Unfortunately "between vessels" till I retire, then watch out! I've got my eye out for a nice ketch
I've got all this nice "Christmas money" and the FA 77 is nowhere available! Woe! Maybe I'll wait, but both the 70mm pancake and the 12-24mm wide zoom are both calling. Choices, choices choices

NaCl(wish all my problems were like this)H2O
12-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #11
Melgarpoe

The shot of your grand daughter is really beautiful. How was it lit?

Melgarpoe

"Merry Christmas, all. A couple of LBA shots from the DA 70 that I opened Christmas morning; the 1st pic is of my grand daughter digging into a present, the 2nd is of our dining room wall after the sun came out on a cold (for coastal Texas) Christmas afternoon."

Last edited by Melgarpoe; 12-26-2006 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Odd text added in quote section
12-26-2006, 07:23 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Hi Jerry,

Great pictures! The first one is a great portrait. The dynamic range on the second one is very nice - great detail. Thanks for posting them?

BTW, where along the coast in Texas? I'm in Clearlake (which is neither), but used to live in Galveston.
12-27-2006, 06:27 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
[QUOTE=Melgarpoe;13108]The shot of your grand daughter is really beautiful. How was it lit?

Melgarpoe

Thanks very much. I just used a bounced Pentax AF 36k0 FGZ mounted on a K10D.

Jer
12-27-2006, 06:31 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
Hi Jerry,

BTW, where along the coast in Texas? I'm in Clearlake (which is neither), but used to live in Galveston.
Hey Russ, thanks for the kind comments.

I live just down the road (FM 2004) in Lake Jackson - not right on the coast, but pretty close. However, I dock my sailboat at Waterford Harbor in Kemah - so I spend a lot of time (especially weekend time) in your neck of the woods.

Jer
12-27-2006, 06:40 PM   #15
Melgarpoe

Wow! I have been considering getting one of the Pentax flashes that can be used in auto modes with the K10D, but this shot of your grand daughter is the one that I think has pushed me over the edge into just doing it. The skin tones and light on her hair really look like you're using diffused studio lighting. I have been using the attached K10D flash and have been dissapointed with how harsh the light is on skin tones of fair skinned people.

Thanks for the info!