Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Forum Member

K10 - why Shake Reduction menu is greyed out?

I haven't delved deep into my K10 menus for some time and noticed that Shake Reduction menu item at the bottom of the Rec menu is greyed out and inaccessible. That's independent of the position of the SR switch on the back of the camera and independent of the shooting mode. It happens with all lenses - Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 (non OIS), DA 55-200 and DA 50 1.4.

I vaguely remember this menu being accessible. Is there something to worry about?

03-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
That option should only be accessible if you are using a lens that does not communicate focal length to the camera, which all 3 of your lenses do.
03-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Oh, thanks, that explains it. I have some old glass and now I remember entering focal length into this menu.
03-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Actually a pet peeve of mine -- if you use a teleconverter that passes through lens info then it picks up the lens reported focal length instead of the actual longer one you're now getting, which means you have to turn off the SR which you really would want at the longer length (and the focal length is wrongly reported on your images). We should be able to override and set focal length for any lens...

03-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Actually a pet peeve of mine -- if you use a teleconverter that passes through lens info then it picks up the lens reported focal length instead of the actual longer one you're now getting, which means you have to turn off the SR which you really would want at the longer length (and the focal length is wrongly reported on your images). We should be able to override and set focal length for any lens...
I don't see why Pentax couldn't make a TC that automatically multiplies the focal length and sends that to the camera.