Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2006, 08:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

nice pat on the back for pentax..

not to encourage the "fanboy" stuff but credits due where credits due..

AnandTech: Digital SLR Buyer's Guide

not a photgraphic site buts thats probably a good thing..

trog

12-26-2006, 09:24 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice review of features. I use Anand Tech for PC hardware reviews (mother boards etc) and have always found them reliable and unbiased. Obviously as a PC hardware site, their review is mostly "feature based" with little in the way of "photographic analysis" (read pixel peeping). All in all a very good review of ALL the Pentax models.

NaCl(but don't expect any fancy analysis)H2O
12-26-2006, 09:16 PM   #3
Xgear

advertising dollars

Yes, Nikon and Canon spend a lot on advertising and I see the effect on camera reviews. And when you shoot Nikon just be honest, something like….

What I liked: Excellent image quality, though not as sharp as my Nikon
What I didn't care for: not a Nikon

12-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

it said, the K10 has the best viewfinder, and the best standard kit lens...

QuoteQuote:
Build quality is usually cheap on kit lenses, but the above picture compares the Sony and Pentax kit lenses. It is worth pointing out that the Pentax 18-55mm is the only kit lens with a metal lens mount as normally seen on "better" lenses - the others all have a plastic lens mount.

QuoteQuote:
The absolute best buy in entry level digital SLRs is the Pentax K110D with the kit lens. For $400 after the current $50 rebate you get a full-featured SLR with a fast processing engine and accurate 11-point autofocusing. It is the exact same camera as the K100D - only the anti-shake feature is missing. The kit lens is also the only entry kit lens with a preferred metal lens mount.
yes they are not photo experts, but sometimes reading such things from ppl that just did this for the sake of doing it, is much more reassuring than reading it from the so called experts

Last edited by -=JoN=-; 12-26-2006 at 09:42 PM.
12-26-2006, 10:51 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Anandtech tends to be more open-minded than other PC tech web sites. He was one of the first PC-centric techs that took a serious look at Macs and OS X as a Windows alternative in a long term, hands-on test. So, it doesn't surprise me that he was similarly open minded about Pentax.
12-29-2006, 03:23 PM   #6
mcm

QuoteOriginally posted by Kami Quote
Anandtech tends to be more open-minded than other PC tech web sites. He was one of the first PC-centric techs that took a serious look at Macs and OS X as a Windows alternative in a long term, hands-on test. So, it doesn't surprise me that he was similarly open minded about Pentax.
Anand did not do this review. I don't think he does any reviews anymore, just rolls around in site-ad dollars.