Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #1

A place to put photos online to share that prints but also allows full res downloads.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum.

However, I'm doing some kids sports shooting. Many of the parents have asked for copies and prints and the like of their kids.

Well, I don't really have time for all that. I'm not charging anyone or anything. I just want to upload them to some site (10 gb so far) where they can look through them on their own. Some want to get prints, some want the full res pics to edit and/or print.

I'd prefer one that I could password protect to photos, but that's not a deal killer.

I looked at Shutterfly, but they don't do full res downloads. Google Picsa only allows 1 gb.

03-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks to a tip from our resident "Man in the Woods" Jimbo, I've been using Photobucket for that exact thing for the last year. High school baseball photos last Spring, travelling team soccer photos last Summer, and last Fall I was made the "official" team photographer for my daughter's varsity soccer team.
Many of the parents commented on how much they liked the site, how easy it was to use, etc.
(And, yes - You can password protect different albums - if you want to make an album for "Baseball 2012", and only allow the parents to whom you provide the password to have access.....)

Hope that helps,

Tim
03-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #3

Original Poster
Photobucket does look good. They don't allow hi res pics in their std edition. However, their pro is only $3 month. I may go this route.

Anyone know any other place that's free? and allow hi res jpegs?
03-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Try Mpix. Not sure what all they do but I know you can have password protected galleries and they print for you if you want.

03-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I use Zenfolio (it's by MPIX) and they do everything you are looking for at different levels of storage space etc. there's a couple of other companies also but I can't think of them offhand...
03-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Free might include Windows Live Skydrive. Each file can be up to 100MB and they do enable access permissions.
Paid could also include smugmug.
03-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I use Smugmug for the sports my kids are in. It's not free and more expensive then Zenfolio. I do like the password protection and it's fairly easy to use.They give you unlimited storage and they support video. They also support downloading of the original file.
03-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #8

Photos: Gallery
fotki allows this, but free is limited in storage size. Pretty cheap for the long run.

03-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
Veteran Member

i use smugmug so far so good, im keeping it simple though, and all pics i post on forums are linked/embedded from there. Smugmug has ability to hold full resolution, has cart option, print service (dont know how it works though) and much more. Also have a great app for iPhone that has touch exposure and focus, edit images and send them direcly to Smugmug.
Site can be made with private galleries for family and much much more.
03-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #10
Pentaxian

I use drop box. You set up a free on line 2.5gig space, and get 250MB free for each new member you have accept invitations. You control the access by entering the other persons email and either allowing or disconnecting them You need to caution people only so they do not delete files by copying them as opposed to just clicking and moving then, but other than that it works pretty well
03-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Flickr pro does everything that you want. $7 for three months, $25 for a year.
03-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Photobucket is nice for setting up albums. Security is so-so, I've bypassed the security a few times on my own account to test it.

Flickr has a better looking format overall, but can be annoying because of how they work off the photostream - i.e. all your photos are in the photostream, even if they are organized into albums. I haven't checked password security etc on flickr yet.

Both sites will do prints, and allow you to host full resolution photos.
03-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #13

DeviantART allows both prints and full resolution pics. The prints can be expensive though.
03-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #14
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ticoun Quote
DeviantART allows both prints and full resolution pics. The prints can be expensive though.
Do you really think anything involving kids sports should be a part of something called DeviantART?
03-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Do you really think anything involving kids sports should be a part of something called DeviantART?
Sorry, I didn't read the original post carefully enough...