Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
Forum Member

K100D Magic Lantern Guide half price at Barnes and Noble

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd pass this along to any new K100D users looking for the Magic Lantern Guide.

Barnes and Noble is currently selling this online and in-store for $9.97. I picked on up Friday night (in-store) to go along with my new toy which will be here tomorrow!

Anyway...not sure how long this deal is for, but half price is not bad.

Now if my camera would just get here....

01-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have this Magic Lantern Guide. It's ok, but the original Pentax Manual is quite good as well. I wish the Magic Lantern guide was in color. That is the only drawback for me
01-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
b&w a bit of a shock to me as well

I was a little surprised it was in b&w as well. Some of the photo annotations are funny beings that aren't color.

I find the guide (so far) to be informative. I figure it will be a different perspective on how to look at things.

Again, at half price it's not a bad reference to have around.

dwh
01-06-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ruemiser Quote
I have this Magic Lantern Guide. It's ok, but the original Pentax Manual is quite good as well. I wish the Magic Lantern guide was in color. That is the only drawback for me
The Magic Lanter Guide expands slightly on the manual, uses (I think) natively-spoken English, and has a bit of useful reference material, particularly lens info.

The reference cards are useless (faster just to navigate menus), and yes, the back-and-white examples of white-balance was amusing.

If I lost my manual, I would get the MLG instead of printing out the PDF.