Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mike star Quote
Thanks very much Stratman. I'll probably do the upgrade when I come back from a 2 week vacationstarting this Saturday. I think I'll leave well enough alone until then.

Cheers,
Mike
No problem Mike, it was the first thing I did when I recd my camera, well, after charging the battery Went smooth as silk, and so far all is well with my new Pentax ...

01-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #17

Frimware Upgrade to 1.3

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
here ya go Mike, here is the page with the
firmware, and the instructions on how to install it, make SURE you follow the directions to a "T" doing it wrong could result in a "K10D paperweight" lol

Pentax Imaging - Software & Firmaware Updates
Hi Stratman,
I did the upgrade this morning and it all went fine. This may seem like a stupid question but now that the new Firmware version is installed how do I know what the benefits are and how to configure the camera to take advantage of them ?
Thanks heaps,
Mike
01-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Hi Stratman,
I did the upgrade this morning and it all went fine. This may seem like a stupid question but now that the new Firmware version is installed how do I know what the benefits are and how to configure the camera to take advantage of them ?
Thanks heaps,
Mike
Hm, wellllllllll, I'm a pretty new K10D owner myself, and have a long way to go before I know the ins and outs of it, lol, I am sure someone with more "know how" than me will chime in here and help you < and I > out
01-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Stratman,
Thanks heaps,
Mike
The biggest advantage of the updated firmware is [OK] turns the front edial into an ISO dial. Shows on top and in the viewfinder, bottom right. 1.30 added SDM support.

01-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Stratman,
The Japanese Pentax web site is more helpful than the US one, I think, because it has the instructions for the added features in html+graphics:

PENTAX DIGITAL CAMERA INFORMATION PAPER

whereas the US page links to this poorly-produced PDF:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/scms_docs/fw_files/k10d_fw/K10D_110_Functions.pdf

Same info in both places, though.
01-10-2008, 08:27 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
The Japanese Pentax web site is more helpful than the US one, I think, because it has the instructions for the added features in html+graphics:

PENTAX DIGITAL CAMERA INFORMATION PAPER

whereas the US page links to this poorly-produced PDF:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/scms_docs/fw_files/k10d_fw/K10D_110_Functions.pdf

Same info in both places, though.
Thanks for the link, Matt, but it is for 1.10 - and we are up to 1.30. I'll have a look around.
01-10-2008, 08:46 PM   #22
Veteran Member

i think 1.10 was the last major one...anything beyond that is just minor upgrades, like compatibility to pentax remote shooter (i think thats what it's called) and SDM usage on the last one...

01-10-2008, 08:57 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Thanks for the link, Matt, but it is for 1.10 - and we are up to 1.30. I'll have a look around.
It's correct. If you go to the main firmware pages (from which those are linked) you'll see that there's no instructions for the 1.11, 1.2, or 1.3 updates because those are all either bugfix-only or add features (like SDM support) which have no user interface changes.
01-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #24
Forum Member

how often are firmwares released? will the k10d be seeing a new update soon?
01-11-2008, 07:27 AM   #25
Inactive Account

Yep, AND you can go into the custom settings and make it so the front dial controls ISO without having to press the ok button. This also keeps the ISO displayed in the viewfinder (yay!).

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
The biggest advantage of the updated firmware is [OK] turns the front edial into an ISO dial. Shows on top and in the viewfinder, bottom right. 1.30 added SDM support.
Also, 1.1 (I think?) added wireless flash support so the built-in flash can trigger an external flash (such as the 540 or 360)
01-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kentax Quote
how often are firmwares released? will the k10d be seeing a new update soon?
Rumor is that after the K20D (or whatever it's called) release, there will be at least one more K10D update. I'm skeptical of that even, and I doubt we'll see much beyond that -- it's unusual for there to be firmware updates for discontinued products. Usually the work goes into making the next thing better.
01-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Honestly though, what more could you need from the firmware at this point?