Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Yes - I wasn't referring to CDAF, just PDAF on my k-x.
My bad :ugh: I need to read slower.

03-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kamisu Quote
2. Is holding the camera against the face and using viewfinder that much effective to get less shake and sharper result, compared to using LCD?
Essentially you get a three point support; your two hands and your head. Holding the camera with two hands is less stable.

If you have longer lenses, it is very difficult to follow a subject with the lcd screen. Following in a viewfinder is a bit of a challenge, but a reasonably easy skill to learn.

I would suggest borrowing someone's DSLR for a few hours. Use the viewfinder. You know what using an LCD is like. There are pluses and minuses to each, and it comes down to preference and the type of shooting you do.

Myself? I'd go for the viewfinder. Pentax has a slightly less capable DSLR coming that may be in your price range.
03-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #18
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kamisu Quote
I think AF fine adjustment is a necesssary feature to get best focus and sharpness. Do you think I should avoid K-01 and go for K-5 for best focus accuracy ?
K01 does not need AF fine adjustment. What K01 needs is better AF.