Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Pentax won't make money that way - it will dilute the brand, key 3rd party components (like the sensor) are no longer made, and production space is limited.

That is interesting.

03-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Pentax won't make money that way - it will dilute the brand, key 3rd party components (like the sensor) are no longer made, and production space is limited.
When Pentax approaches the size of Canon's camera division, and if Pentax-Ricoh decides to have a similarly-broad product line, then Pentax may have the capacity to produce obsolete cash-cows also, to flog in the big-box retailers. But I won't hold my breath.
03-21-2012, 02:08 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Please send me a list of your lenses and anticipated pricing, thanks.
Doh! You got in there first!
03-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonto Quote
I do prefer the more compact body shape of the Kx/Km - Kr is much better in features though.
Me too.

03-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Re-issue the K-x?

Only in a WR body...

Give it WR and visible focuspoints and make it as cheap as the Kr and I'll buy one for me (body only) and one for my girlfriend (18-135WRkit)...
We can then share lenses
03-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Looks like the replacement is going to be announced tomorrow. K-z it seems......
03-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd like to see a Kx-2 actually. I really like the physical design of the K-x a little better but I'd like to see it updated to match or even exceed the specs on the K-r. Need the focusing points et all. But yeah the actual chassis and layout of the K-x I like better. I've gotten to hold a K-r a couple of times now, and it's a nice camera, but the K-x just suits me better. The K-x is like the original MR2 car to me. There have been many more models made (and discontinued) but that first one it just sticks in my head as a really cool car and to this day when I see one that someone has restored I sigh. I would absolutely drive an aqua one if I could afford to buy and maintain one. But it's too expensive now. It's a collector's only car. I can see the K-x being collected actually someday. To me it's the K1000 or SPII of the digital line. I still think they could have gone on making it for years and years and people would have bought it. The specs on the K-r are better, but the K-x is just plain cooler IMHO.
03-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Even though I just purchased a K-5, I am still extremely satisfied with my K-r even though I gave it to my wife(she STILL doesn't believe I really need a K-5) I still pick it up from time to time and take a few shots, it is an awesome little camera and will serve us for many years to come. My K-x fits my wifes small hands better than it does in mine although I am still comfortable handling it. I now use my K-5 100% of the time but mainly for reasons such as more features, larger camera fits in my hands better, and WR capability. I know that once my wife learns photography and gets more comfortable using a DSLR she will most likely be wanting a bit more out of a camera, once she picks up my K-5 and takes a few shots with it, she will understand why I got the K-5 in the first place and will be wanting one herself, I will most likely get her one then, and then the K-x will go to my daughter. Needless to say- as long as this K-x keeps clicking I will not get rid of it.

03-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I love my K-x but it's pretty backwards re-issuing it. It's pretty crazy putting the K-r specs in the K-x and re-issuing it, that would make the K-r look like a blunder model. I agree if it's a K-x2 and has weathersealing.
03-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #25

Original Poster
Very good comments all. I agree that to some, it may seem like a step backward but, I proffered the opinion based on handling, image quality and just pure bang for the buck. Simple, affordable and usable. Obviously the sensor is not too cutting edge these days. AF may have been surpassed but, Pentax needs to fill this hole (and Im sure something is indeed in the pipeline) Thanks for replying
03-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Sure, if it takes 4 AA batts and is abpout 10-12 mp or better go ahead. They got all the tooling and development paid for so why not. Market it at a great price and bring in some new Pentaxians.
03-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
I love my K-x but it's pretty backwards re-issuing it. It's pretty crazy putting the K-r specs in the K-x and re-issuing it, that would make the K-r look like a blunder model. I agree if it's a K-x2 and has weathersealing.

Hey..the KX is my top of the line Pentax in my corral. I'm still shooting *ist, D2000's, 6mp Samsungs. So don't diss the KX!
04-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
Hey..the KX is my top of the line Pentax in my corral. I'm still shooting *ist, D2000's, 6mp Samsungs. So don't diss the KX!
The K-x is my only camera, so am not really dissing it. Just the idea of re-releasing it, from a corporate point of view. There's no problem releasing it from my (user) perspective, but for the company I bet it's not going to be profitable.
04-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #29
Site Supporter

I'm another who found the k-x 'fit' was better in my hand than the k-r. Nothing more frustrating than moving up and enjoying it less.

But for now I really like my K-V (roman humour)..