Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
Karma Mechanic...your website is...FANTASTIC!
Thank you!

You'll see from those images that I strongly favor wide, very wide and ultra-wide, although of late I've found the 180 degrees of the 8mm isn't really wide enough so I resorted to stitching That's really the downfall of the Sony, 31mm equivalent isn't really wide enough to get the accentuated perspective and big skies where IR works so well. Although that's just the type of image I tend to aim for. In favor of the non-DSLRs an EVF is indispensable for IR since it allows composition with the balance of tones in the actual image. Live View allows that too, but a true EVF would be best since mostly IR shots are done in bright sun.

barondla - I use the K-7 almost exclusively, simply due to composing in Live View and the ability to print big. My own experience of printing them is that the widest shots need to be printed the biggest. My aim with the website is to use it as a vehicle to sell prints, so print quality will be important. That's a later stage - this stage is getting it established as a website

03-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #17
Veteran Member

KM, Can the same results be had with snapping off some test shots to see the view in a non live view dslr?
03-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
KM, Can the same results be had with snapping off some test shots to see the view in a non live view dslr?
Yes, what you might call 'delayed Live View' Nearly as good. It doesn't help with contrast AF, but quite effective at composition.
03-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It did cross my mind, but I found it to expensive at the time. Since it is an expensive one way trick I would use the best camera that is as new as possible for it. That way you can get the most use out of it. In your case I would considder buy a K-r and swapp it or look for an already converted camera.

My first thougt was to convert a Samsung *Ist-DL2 cloon wich I bought for it. I didn't want to spend so much money on it. The camera is electronics and you can expect a lifetime of 5 years. So don't convert a camera that is older then 1 year. Just my 2 cnts.

04-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Incredible images and web site Karma mechanic! Enjoyed them a lot. Powerful images. The IR panos are amazing.
thanks for sharing
barondla