Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #1

Photoshop 5.0 help please!

I have Photoshop 5.0 (no manuals or instructions) and when I try to open a RAW file all I get is a black picture. I must be doing something wrong. Can someone tell me the proper way to open a RAW picture in Photoshop?

Thanks

01-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #2

I don't think PS5 supports RAW files.

Cheers,

Phil
01-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Phil Quote
I don't think PS5 supports RAW files.

Cheers,

Phil
Nope. You need to convert to .jpeg or .tiff.
01-10-2008, 12:04 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, direct RAW support is a relatively new feature for Adobe. PS5 is circa 1998 or thereabouts.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
You need to convert to .jpeg or .tiff.
... That is, convert via the Pentax bundled software or another viewer application, then import that file to Photoshop.

NB: Remember that if you wish to get the best results from editing or enhancing your image in Photoshop, then TIFF is the recommended format for import. JPG will erase a certain amount of data from the image, limiting the ability to finetune graduations, colour balances, etc.

Save the edited file as a JPG if you wish, but not before making all your adjustments.

01-10-2008, 12:55 AM   #5
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by marcdsgn Quote
... That is, convert via the Pentax bundled software or another viewer application, then import that file to Photoshop.

NB: Remember that if you wish to get the best results from editing or enhancing your image in Photoshop, then TIFF is the recommended format for import. JPG will erase a certain amount of data from the image, limiting the ability to finetune graduations, colour balances, etc.

Save the edited file as a JPG if you wish, but not before making all your adjustments.
that's the way to go with older versions of PS