Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
Forum Member

Anywhere to buy Pentax retail in Las Vegas?

Pentax only lists Millenium Foto as an authorized retailer for the K5, but their reviews on google are very poor and I've tried to call them several times to see if they have Pentax in stock, and I can't get an answer. I'll have to try their retail locatons if I end up in that end of town, but I was hoping someone might be able to give me an idea if anywhere else might carry them.

I'm 90% sold on a K5 and I want to pick one up before the rebate expires, but I definitely want to play with one physically to make sure it fits my hands well. Any way for me to do that?

Do online stores like B&H or Adorama let you return cameras if it turns out they really just don't work for you - maybe with a restocking fee?

03-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I used to live in Vegas about six years ago and always kept an eye open for camera outlets. I saw my first Pentax digital camera in a store on the Vegas strip, it was an Optio S5i(still have that camera and it still works flawlessly)and I was so impressed I ordered one from Abes of Maine for less than half the price they were charging in that store on the strip. I found that "hands on" with a new camera really pays off for a company trying to sell cameras.
However......I can vouch for the K-5, I bought it sight unseen two weeks ago and I for one can attest that you will NOT regret getting one, this is one rock solid feeling camera compared to my K-x, the features seem endless and theymake your workflo a lot easier, I find I rarely need to take my eye from the view finder in order to change settings on the fly with the forward and aft edials, and I just love that Tav mode as well, seems like I have so much for freedom to concentrate on my composition and photographing instead of my settings which (dont get me wrong) very important as well.
I miss Vegas and all the photo opportunities available out there, but now that I live in the southeast I have just as many opportunities here as well.
I am sure that you could return the camera if it doesn't work out for you, but I doubt that will be the case.
03-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SenorBeef Quote
Do online stores like B&H or Adorama let you return cameras if it turns out they really just don't work for you - maybe with a restocking fee?
Looks like it's a 30 day return policy at B&H...
03-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
The only place I have seen any Pentax DSLRs in Vegas is at Frys. They don't have the K-5. I did see a K-R about a week ago there.

03-28-2012, 02:53 AM   #5
Adorama Camera Representative

We certainly do! We have a no-questions-asked 30-day returns period on everyting you buy online from Adorama Camera! But NO restocking fee
04-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #6

Yes, we do; provided it is within 30 days - and there is NO restocking fee - as long as you follow the directions, here:Adorama - Frequently Asked Questions
04-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Adorama has always taken good care of this customer. There is another thread that Fry's Electronics has expanded their retail Pentax offerings, so it might be worth checking out there. Fry's will price match online retailers, but I would still go home and order one online.

04-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by okcameradude Quote
Adorama has always taken good care of this customer.
Good to hear, thank you!
03-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #9
Inactive Account

I'm bumping this old thread to report that there are no real camera stores left in Las Vegas. The last one, Casey's, went out of business last month and the location was aquired by B&C Cameras. B&C is like a Best Buy without sales people who know their product.

So, as it stands now, if you want to buy a Pentax camera new, you can try Fry's for a consumer level or P&S camera or order through B&H or Adorama. I have had spectacular success with both.
03-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
To be fair, Casey's didn't sell Pentax either, I checked before I bought my K5 online. My experience with B&C was actually fairly good, other than the fact that they had no interest in Pentax (and in fact the salesman tried to steer me away from them, but understandably since he couldn't sell it to me), but otherwise they seemed fairly competent to me. But yeah, it's too bad there are no Pentax-friendly retailers in Vegas. I like to support local businesses when I can.
03-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Casey's had a Pentax connection and was selling their P&S's. They could get other Pentax cameras but tried everything in their power not to.

I like to supprt local businesses too. With as big as Las Vegas is you would think there would be a camera store on steroids here.
03-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I will be moving back to Vegas in the near future and am a little bummed that there are no outlets, maybe with the economy picking back up there will be some opening up in the future....not holding my breath though.
PS-I cant wait til i get back to Vegas
03-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #13
Inactive Account

I have always wanted to open a store in Las Vegas. There are plenty of retail spaces available and although margins are tight, with the right investors and the right crew, it can be a good money maker.
04-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by A M Johnson Quote
I have always wanted to open a store in Las Vegas. There are plenty of retail spaces available and although margins are tight, with the right investors and the right crew, it can be a good money maker.
Hmmmmm.....now THAT sounds like a good idea! Maybe we should hook up when I move out there, I would consider a venture like that. The only problem would be me mostly biased towards Pentax gear mostly lol.
Either way it would still be fun to hook up with other Pentax shooters once I get settled out there.
04-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Sounds good, we can at least have some fun shooting together. By then, I might have my LF camera done so it may be more than a Pentax reunion.