Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax Warranty question

I'm leaning towards buying my K5 from B&H, but the 2 year extended Pentax Warranty cards ($20) are out of stock. If I order the camera from B&H, can I order the warranty card for Adorama? Or if B&H gets them in stock later, can I buy them then? I know there's a time limit (either 30 or 90 days depending on where you look) from when you buy the camera and card... I've also heard it has to be made in the same purchase, but other sources disagree.

If I were to order it from B&H, would they put it on the same receipt (to satisfy any requirements) and just ship the card out to me when they get it in stock?

03-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SenorBeef Quote
I'm leaning towards buying my K5 from B&H, but the 2 year extended Pentax Warranty cards ($20) are out of stock. If I order the camera from B&H, can I order the warranty card for Adorama? Or if B&H gets them in stock later, can I buy them then? I know there's a time limit (either 30 or 90 days depending on where you look) from when you buy the camera and card... I've also heard it has to be made in the same purchase, but other sources disagree.

If I were to order it from B&H, would they put it on the same receipt (to satisfy any requirements) and just ship the card out to me when they get it in stock?
If you buy the camera and warranty at the same time from the same place, even if the warranty is back ordered you should be covered no problem. That would be the easiest thing to do.
03-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

This would be a great example of a question for the Ask B&H Photo forum. Try there, they should respond pretty quickly.
03-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Contacted B&H by e-mail and they say they don't know when it'll be in. So can I order the warranty card from Adorama and the camera from B&H, or do I have to order both through Adorama?

03-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SenorBeef Quote
Contacted B&H by e-mail and they say they don't know when it'll be in. So can I order the warranty card from Adorama and the camera from B&H, or do I have to order both through Adorama?
I don't think that it matters. I did that. There has also been lots of discussions here about the same issue. I don't think that anyone will tell you otherwise. Just make sure that you save all your receipts to prove your purchase dates.
03-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I called Pentax (1-800-877-0155) since I am thinking of getting a K5 myself. This is what the rep told me:You don't have to buy the warranty card from the same retailer as the camera but you have to buy the card within 30 days. You dont have to register the warrant card. If you have to send K5 for repair during 1st year all you have to do is send the sales receipt with it. For years 2 and 3 you send in the sales receipt along with the card. The Pentax Webstore sells the warranty card but it's $99 instead of the $20 that B&H and Adorama offer them for. Hope this helps.
03-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yep, that's what I needed to know, thanks.