Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
04-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Usually the K-5 DSLR and a film SLR, for the moment the ME Super.

04-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Me - I happily scorn people that would rather go to jail than leave home without their iPhone. And me - I feel very uncomfortable leaving home without one of my Pentaxes.

On the other hand, I don't like walking with a DSLR in the open, so I have found the smallest and least "see-my-camera-bag" looking shoulder bag possible. Thanks to the compact sizes of Pentax DSLRs there is also room for an extra lens, a spare battery, a remote and some other accessories:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
04-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
nor do I think would a skilled craftsman carry their tools around, just in case...
I have this image of a stone-mason carrying his tools around on the off-chance he'll encounter a cathedral in need of repair.
04-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
I have this image of a stone-mason carrying his tools around on the off-chance he'll encounter a cathedral in need of repair.
I knew a carpenter who always carried a sharp knife in case he found a piece of wood suitable for whittling. Sort of like a pro'togger always keeping a P&S in their pocket, eh?

04-12-2012, 05:30 PM - 1 Like   #80
Pentaxian

Last summer, while on a remote island in Georgian Bay, I saw sun dogs in the morning. Nearly killed myself running back to the cabin to get my K-5, and when I returned they were gone. Later that day I was shooting panos without looking up much... and a week later during my post-processing I see what I thought I missed (Flash Panorama link).

Moral: if you want to take pictures of what you see, bring your camera.
04-12-2012, 06:10 PM - 1 Like   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Moral: if you want to take pictures of what you see, bring your camera.
+1.

Every now and then I re-read bits of a FOCAL ENCYCLOPEDIA OF PHOTOGRAPHY and scan profiles of noted 'toggers. Some never touch cameras. They arrange shoots, design sets and lighting, devise strategy and tactics, then let some flunky actually trip the shutter. Or they paste-up photo-montages, work the xerox, stuff like that. But the editors at FOCAL PRESS still consider them 'toggers.

Most of us don't have such gigs. Many of us wander the world looking for stuff to shoot. And if we don't have a camera at hand, we can't do much photography, eh? So if I'm not in bed or bathing (and maybe even then) there's always a P&S in my pocket or within reach. If I'm driving and not too distracted|anoyed|nutz the K20D is on the dashboard or otherwise nearby. If I'm walking (other than shopping) the K20D is probably on my neck or shoulder. I'm not a photographer unless I have a camera with me. Life IS simple.
04-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #82
Veteran Member

I always have my k10d with me and a few cheaper lenses in a domke bag so i would segest that if you want to take it every time your out get a good really padded bag to use and to tell you the truth i got my bag very cheap at the trift store and anouther thing is why someone would donate a domke bag in the first place arnt they a lot o money$$ i really dont know but any ways take it with you you wont regreat it. i also live in PA and drive to ohio everyother week to take kids to their dads and i alwasy see and get great shots on the way there and back

04-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #83
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The K-01 goes with me everywhere now. Does that count as a DSLR for the purposes of this thread?
04-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
The K-01 goes with me everywhere now. Does that count as a DSLR for the purposes of this thread?
U-betcha. That means yes.
04-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tcbubbleleo Quote
take the K-5 along and take more picture, a camera is not HAPPY sitting in a glass case on a shelf not being used.
the man is right, no point to having a camera and leaving it at home
04-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #86
Veteran Member

I have my program plus with me all the time since I got it (: (The k7 stays home) Program plus = light and cheap(I got it pretty much for free), K7 = $500 kinda heavy, and not really cheap. I'm pretty sure nobody will interest on my program plus, but somebody will eye on my k7.
04-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kaiserz Quote
I have my program plus with me all the time since I got it
picking mine up from the post office in an hour (they tried to delviver yesterday while I was out) looking forward to pairing it with my Vivitar 19mm-3.8!
06-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #88
Pentaxian

Another GOOD reason to always take you camera with you!

06-06-2012, 01:40 AM   #89
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kkoether Quote
another good reason to always take you camera with you!
stunning!
06-06-2012, 02:29 AM   #90

I bring my DSLR with me almost every day.
This doesn't mean I shoot with it every day: but I know that when I feel the urgency to shoot or I need to try "something new" inspired by contingency I can do it.
I think this is really useful to me, in particolar trying to think in "photographic way", if you understand what I say. It's something related to the possibility to compare easily what I "see and feel" in a particular moment with what I'm able to capture with my camera.
This is one of the things that helps me for the best to grow in my photographic experience.