Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K3 just around the corner

The K3 specs look prommising indeed !
24 milion pixel is just about perfect for full frame
and better still is the 29 focus points !
I hope they are not spread out over a greater area of
the frame. If not, they will hopefuly be much smaller focus points. Nice looking camera too

04-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

April 1st sir

it would be nice though
04-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
April 1st sir

it would be nice though
I did wonder lol Im not sure if its real or not lol
I take it you think its a prank ? Hope its not
04-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Yes, it's a prank. And good thing too -- the specs aren't that exciting. Not radical enough. Not innovative enough. Not PENTAX enough. But keep on dreaming, eh? Someday, my prints will come...

04-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
had me looking though April 1 has gotten me a few times. Cheers JIM
04-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Yes, it's a prank. And good thing too -- the specs aren't that exciting. Not radical enough. Not innovative enough. Not PENTAX enough. But keep on dreaming, eh? Someday, my prints will come...
change it to the 24mp apsc sensor and eliminate a bit of the over the top video specs and it likely is a pretty good read on the actualk3 that will come as k5 replacement at photokina (or maybe even earlier)
but as a FF your right it lacks the unique that would probably come with the first FF from Pentax (I still think we will see a digital variant of the LX tying in to the anniversary this year it's just too good to pass up but i'm a dreamer
04-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by westmill Quote
I did wonder lol Im not sure if its real or not lol
I take it you think its a prank ? Hope its not
I admit when i read the email on my phone the first thing i did when i cam into work to clear some paperwork was open the forum, depsite the fact that i clued in on the way here that it's April first. I'm pretty certain it drove traffic to the site today though, even rice high talked about it lol.
Like the Digital film prank a couple of years ago this one will make the rounds this week i bet. the digital film was so successful it still comes up despite the site even saying its a prank

04-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Not yet, it's an April Fools Day post.

The spec's are wrong and the body is still in Beta testers hands They dont release to the press until those bodies are pulled away from the Betas

one hint 24 is way off add 6 and use the last then letter then first in "and" the crop equals 14 and 7 tenths.
04-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I admit when i read the email on my phone the first thing i did when i cam into work to clear some paperwork was open the forum, depsite the fact that i clued in on the way here that it's April first. I'm pretty certain it drove traffic to the site today though, even rice high talked about it lol.
Like the Digital film prank a couple of years ago this one will make the rounds this week i bet. the digital film was so successful it still comes up despite the site even saying its a prank
Rotton sods lol lol lol
Im glad in a way... Rather use apsc and at 16 million pixels. Adam should go on trial for this though lol
04-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
This is juvenile jerk BS! My opinion of this site just went into the crapper.
04-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #11

Great spec...well done. April 1st though.
04-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Its funny, but Ive got a feeling there are going be an awful lot of people that wont see the funny side at all
04-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #13
Veteran Member

there sure seem to be an awful lot of first time posters who aren't impressed. anyone who has watched every gear thread tun inot a Ff thread at some point or another would get it though
Really it's April 1st and a Sunday. those 2 things alone made it completely improbable LOL

I can't imagine any company making an announcement on April 1st
04-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
there sure seem to be an awful lot of first time posters who aren't impressed. anyone who has watched every gear thread tun inot a Ff thread at some point or another would get it though
Really it's April 1st and a Sunday. those 2 things alone made it completely improbable LOL

I can't imagine any company making an announcement on April 1st
Well it got me lol
To be honnest i hadnt realised it was April 1st lol
Add to the fact im fik lol
The best April 1st Scam Ive known was when the papers printed they had found a world war 2 bomber plane on the moons surface lol.

Last edited by westmill; 04-01-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: spelling
04-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by westmill Quote
Well it got me lol
To be honnest i hadnt realised it was April 1st lol
Add to the fact im fik lol
The best April 1st Scam Ive known was when the papers printed they had found a world war 2 bomber plane on the moons surface lol.
the one that got me (partially because i didn't see it until later ) was Digital film. I wasn't thinking about how absolutely near impossible it would be and just drooled at the though. by an mzs and a roll of the film and presto FF Pentax digital lol

If you never saw it the link is below (they put a pop up on it after huge response explaining the joke lol

RE-35 | Digital cartridges for analog 35-mm cameras