Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-x recorded time off

When uploading my photos to my computer, I check each shot to see when I took it after a day. I have some I took yesterday all within the same time frame. However, today when I check them, the time is off by several hours between shots and I shot them all around the same time frame. Some are showing a time of 4pm EDT, and two photos after that were taken at 11am EDT. What is going on here. Is it the way the camera records time? Of course the time is set as 24 hour clock, or IOW, marine time.

04-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Are you referring to the computer's recorded file date/time or the event time recorded in the camera's EXIF data?
04-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Found the culprit. It is FastStone. Right click photo, choose properties, then the Details tab, gives me the correct time. All were taken between the same time frame, minutes apart. So, it's something FastStone does to the thumbnail image.

Thanks pacerr for looking and commenting.