Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #1

Pentax k100d super problems

Hey y'all!

Took my camera out today to get some photographs, but thanks to the unpredicted weather today in Northumberland, the heavens opened and my camera got drenched, and because of the water, has come with consiquences.

Firstly, the 'modes selector dial' won't respond. My camera's been through a full factory reset and still no change. It's permenantly stuck in PORTRAIT mode, and I can't do anything. Secondly, the camera is now turning on the flash and yet the button to put the flash up won't work. That could be because it's rusted together due to inactivity (I never use the flash).

The camera is currently sitting above the warmest object in the house, the argar, and so should be bone dry by tomorrow. If nothing happens and it still doesn't work, what should I do?

Regards
Jack

04-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would send it in then, at least for an appraisal and quote. After that the next step (fix or replace) would become a lot easier surely.
04-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Before sending the camera in for repair, open it up as much as possible. Remove the battery and leave the door open. Open the memory card door. Open the connections cover. Remove the lens.

Now, put it back in that warm spot for at least 24 hours. Maybe more.

Try it again. Sometimes, the moisture can linger for a long time in those tiny nooks and crannies, causing problems. It can take a day or two to dry out.

If it still doesn't function properly after that, then its time to send it in.
04-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for your help chaps! I did what you said Paul when I put it on the argar at lunch time, and I can happily report that, 10 hours later, it works! Thanks for the help guys. Must've not liked the cold sleetish weather we received today.

Regards