Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Tips for shooting time lapse with K-x + PKTether

I'm doing some preliminary time lapse shooting right now. I'll experiment with the result and see how it turns out. I set the camera in Aperture priority mode, set ISO from 100 to 5000 at F9 and let the PK Tether shoot at 5s interval.

I'm worried that the exposure might change in the evening shots as the sun goes down. Sun is going to be in the shot for about 60% of the shots. I'm not sure if I should use manual mode to maintain exposure or how to do it. If I choose manual mode, I'm not sure what settings to choose to keep exposure as close to constant as possible.

Any tips ?

EDIT: End Result

Last edited by photoleet; 04-05-2012 at 07:06 PM.
04-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

i did some time lapses of sugar crystallising on in a glass a table next to a brightly sun lit window over night from bright daylight. I set up a desk lamp next to it too. i put it on program mode and let it go for as long as it could until the battery died.

when i compiled it into a video all the exposures were smooth (i guess because the lighting changed very slowly) and it just looked like a video.

that worked pretty well for me
04-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Here is the end result. The exposure changes in between and at night. Any way to fix that ?