Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Has anyone gotten through to Pentax Parts Dept recently?

I've tried calling Pentax USA Parts 4-5 times over the past year during working hours and always gotten voice mail. I've left a name and call back number every time, but never gotten a response. Has anyone gotten through recently? I'm trying to order a pack of shims for a new focusing screen.

04-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried customer service, parts could be understaffed or just not willing to pick up the phone.
04-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Have you tried customer service, parts could be understaffed or just not willing to pick up the phone.
Yeah I tried them this morning. They sent the same parts dept person an email and a callback number, but no call this afternoon.
04-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Well, that is not confidence building. By any chance, are you within driving distance to pay a personal visit. Wait, NM to CO. I guess not.

04-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well, that is not confidence building. By any chance, are you within driving distance to pay a personal visit. Wait, NM to CO. I guess not.
That's not a bad idea actually. I wonder if I could show up at Pentax HQ and buy a bag of shims.
04-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
Site Supporter

If I lived closer, I would like to go there and see what the place that serviced the U.S. looks like.
They probably maintain minimal stock so your bag full of shims might have to come from Japan.
04-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
If I lived closer, I would like to go there and see what the place that serviced the U.S. looks like.
They probably maintain minimal stock so your bag full of shims might have to come from Japan.
I'll try to go if I'm ever in the area. They probably wouldn't know what to do with a fan dropping by.
04-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
They probably wouldn't know what to do with a fan dropping by.
They probably lock the door and say "oh shit, there is an other one of them Pentax zombies, trying to come in".

04-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
They probably lock the door and say "oh shit, there is an other one of them Pentax zombies, trying to come in".
Haha nice! I'll chant "full...frame...full...frame..." as I gnaw on the door knob.
04-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just ordered the complete set of shims A-K or something like that for a K20D a month or two ago (no actual sets available, only individual). First time I called I left a message, waste of time. Keep calling till you talk to the one lady that seems to be the entire Pentax USA parts dept (not actually joking there). She was able to get me all the shims on the way very easily with a phone credit card order.
04-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PPPPPP42 Quote
I just ordered the complete set of shims A-K or something like that for a K20D a month or two ago (no actual sets available, only individual). First time I called I left a message, waste of time. Keep calling till you talk to the one lady that seems to be the entire Pentax USA parts dept (not actually joking there). She was able to get me all the shims on the way very easily with a phone credit card order.
Good to know thanks. Now I just need to find a day I can call every 5 minutes to try to get through...
04-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
After several messages, an email, and countless calls over the last couple weeks, I finally got through to the parts department. My shims are on their way (I hope).