Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Wireless Flash

I am trying to figure out how to trigger my AF360 flash remotely. I determined that I had 1.0 firmware. I updated to 1.3 firmware, but I still do not have a selection for wireless flash under the FN menu. What could I be doing wrong?

01-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #2

Wireless flash is not available in Auto (Green) Mode. Have you checked it other modes?
01-11-2008, 09:28 PM   #3

I sold my 16-45 lens earlier this week to a woman who was brand new to Pentax and she said she had the same problem. So, as a favour (and because as a Pentaxian I just KNEW I had to help her get the most of her lenses, flashes, etc), I quickly made a hastily done webpage explaining in detail what you have to do.

She has the 540 flash, which is why I mention it by name in the page, but the instructions are exactly the same, ok?

Now, ignore the crudity of my site, please!

laurel

Read that, try it, and let me know in this thread if you get it working, ok?
01-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #4

As a followup, btw, you can see some results of mine in this thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/15638-k10d-sigma-e...s-awesome.html

01-12-2008, 12:17 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FireMate Quote
I sold my 16-45 lens earlier this week to a woman who was brand new to Pentax and she said she had the same problem. So, as a favour (and because as a Pentaxian I just KNEW I had to help her get the most of her lenses, flashes, etc), I quickly made a hastily done webpage explaining in detail what you have to do.

She has the 540 flash, which is why I mention it by name in the page, but the instructions are exactly the same, ok?

Now, ignore the crudity of my site, please!

laurel

Read that, try it, and let me know in this thread if you get it working, ok?
HA! I hope you keep that page available because I am going to point folks to it for a concise tutorial on using the wireless flash. You even have some humor in there that I appreciate. Cool!
01-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #6

Glad to have been a help!