Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
F lenses on K10D?

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a K10D. I have a SFxN with 2 F lenses 50mm and 70-210mm. Will these work with the K10D?

Thanks

siric

01-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
Inactive Account

If these are Pentax-F lenses, then they will work fine.
01-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #3

Original Poster
Yes, they are Pentax lenses.

Thanks
01-12-2008, 02:12 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by siric Quote
Hi,

I am considering purchasing a K10D. I have a SFxN with 2 F lenses 50mm and 70-210mm. Will these work with the K10D?

Thanks

siric
I have several of Pentax F series. there are cosmetic differences. The "F" series have garish Red orange lettering on the outside. A review of the optical features of the F an FA lenses will disclose that many are in fact optically identical. At the time of the change from F to FA I recall stories that the ROM chip embedded in the lenses was different, but I have yet to see any literature suggesting that there is a functional difference between the F and FA
lenses. Bottom line is that you will find them full functional and just as nice as current production models. Occasionally you will see claims that they are even better than the current production lenses.

I presume you are aware that the sensors in all Pentax digitals are somwhat smaller than the '35mm' of your SFxN. This effectively reduces the angle of view that all lenses mounted on the Pentax digital have --- so what you will 'see' when you look through your 50mm lens is a narrower field of view than what you 'see' if you look through your film camera. For this reason it would make sense to either buy a 'kit lens' or other wide angle to supplement the choices that you have, but the lenses you have will work just fine.