Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #31
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HoBykoYan Quote
Without considering all the other parameters of all Pentax DSLR (listed below), which of them has the Best in IQ? The choices: K5; Kr, Kx, K7, K20

My vote from this selection is the K-5, yet...

Although fully realizing this is the Pentax DSLR discussion, and also the start of this topic thread, that...

Outside of fast focuing abilities; doesn't technically the K-01 have better IQ??

04-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #32
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Outside of fast focuing abilities; doesn't technically the K-01 have better IQ??
I have read the reviews - on a par with the K-5 was the conclusion I thought. My issue with the K-01 is the lack of an optical finder...
04-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #33
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
I have read the reviews - on a par with the K-5 was the conclusion I thought. My issue with the K-01 is the lack of an optical finder...
You can also only shoot 1 RAW per second, 12 bit RAW files rather than 14 bit. Less DR than the K-5. But supposedly JPEGs look sharper because of the new Prime M engine. RAW output could be sharper too there is only 1 low pass filter on the K-01. You also get focus-peaking. But there are other trade offs. I'd say the K-01 is one of those "it works for you or it doesnt" sort of cameras depending on how you shoot. I wouldnt buy it, for me.
05-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #34

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
+1 here and that for me i can't really stabilize the K-01 when using heavier lenses (which i'm fond of using) unless you're using tripods.

@Deimos
am not really concerned about the other pros of K-01 over k5 since i'm more than happy with the quality i was getting with the k5. I think this body can stay with me for a long time (really impressed and happy with it)