Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a fun lens, I liked the output I got from it while I owned it. I used it a lot more at 20mm than anything else. Surprisingly good shooting into the sun. Pretty good performance wide open too. Only thing going against it for me was that it's a big lens and slightly front heavy. I hope you enjoy your purchase!

04-11-2012, 12:22 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam, your (our? ) lens is here and I have taken a few dozen test shots with it.

Everything seems fine to me. The lens is in brand new condition and operates perfectly. No fear of having to use the 7 day return policy.

As someone else said, its a big lens, a little larger than the DA* 16-50, without the range. and a smidge front heavy, but as I use a battery grip on my k-5 and k-7 it all sort of works out ok. I'm not aware of which camera you have, but it might be a little unweildy on a K-r or K-x. (nothing to get yer nickers all twisted over though.) Here are a few shots I took of and with it while mucking around this afternoon. Very impressed with it's flare resistance shot directly into the sun and it's clos focus range. Nice colours, very Sigma like (derr..) but without the Pentax 'Pop!'

Very nice lens, and a bargain at the price you paid.

In the morning I'll get a postage price for you. If its around about $20 I'll just ship it and trust you for the $$ ok?

Wayne
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-11-2012, 01:16 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Hey there's one, just one on US Amazon right now....
Amazon.com: Sigma 20-40mm f/2.8 EX DG Aspherical Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo
04-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

yep, there is. But its for Canon, and its more than twice the price Adam paid.

(and not nearly as kewl as having some stranger on the other side of the world buy and test it for you.... )

04-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #20
NKK
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
@ wizofoz - i really think that's nice done of you! Thumps up and you got "a like"
04-11-2012, 03:14 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
As someone else said, its a big lens, a little larger than the DA* 16-50, without the range. and a smidge front heavy, but as I use a battery grip on my k-5 and k-7 it all sort of works out ok. I'm not aware of which camera you have, but it might be a little unweildy on a K-r or K-x. (nothing to get yer nickers all twisted over though.)
The lens seems to be as big as my Sigma 15-30 EX that I bought from the UK. On my K-x it (15-30) looks big, and the pop up flash is more useless than usual. It creates a dark arch when focusing less than 1m. But it balances well on the K-x, the lens is big but not too heavy.

But +1 credit to wizofoz for dealing and pretesting the equipment.

Seb
04-11-2012, 03:21 AM   #22
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Wayne. Seriously. You are A-OK in my book. If you're ever in the states and need a couch to crash on...or emergency cab fare... or anything (ANYTHING) else, I've got you. People like you are slowly restoring my faith in humanity. Pentax people are the underdogs; and underdogs take care of each other. Makes me sorta feel bad for all those Canon/Nikon people who spend more time competing with each other than taking a moment to realize that it isn't a competition, it's a movement to create something that transcends sensor size or minimum aperture or the price paid and just looks f***in RAD. Thanks for all your help.
04-11-2012, 03:39 AM   #23
Pentaxian

I saw this model lens in Michaels Camera store today, $390-ish from memory.

04-11-2012, 04:31 AM   #24
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Glad it's coming together for you Adam. Hope the lens arrives safely and timely at your end.
04-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter

Aww Shucks Folks.

'taint no big thing'
04-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #26
Pentaxian

We should make a forum with local buying/testing/shipping requests. I believe one could shave off VAT and the likes this way.