Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
How do I get this lens from Australia?

So I finally found this lens I've been searching for after searching literally EVERY EBAY SITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD. Here's the kicker: It's listed on eBay Australia and the seller is prohibited by his dealer agreements from selling it internationally. I live in the US. I asked him if there was any way around it and he checked with his distributer and importer and was told absolutely not. So, how do I get this lens? Any ideas? I don't know anybody in Australia.

04-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Get somebody in australia on the site to help you

Out of curiosity, what's the item?
04-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

Nothing super special. It's a Sigma 20-40mm F2.8 EX DG ASPHERICAL. I just cant find it with a K mount anywhere else.
04-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm in Oz. If you send me a PM I'll see what I can do.

04-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Get somebody in australia on the site to help you

I could do this.

PayPal payment upfront, of course.
04-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Out of curiosity, why would you want it in the first place?. Or do you know something that we do not!
04-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
I don't think I know any more about it than the rest of you guys. I guess when you want something, you want it. Ya know?
04-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

That thing isn't even in production- how could there be manufacturer's restrictions on it?

04-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
That thing isn't even in production- how could there be manufacturer's restrictions on it?
I asked the same thing. I dont know. The guy checked with his distributor and got a no go.
04-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

SIGMA 20-40mm F2.8 DG WIDE ANGLE ZOOM LENS TO SUIT PENTAX | eBay

Is this the listing?
04-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
Is this the listing?
Yup. Thats it.
04-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't understand why he wont just sell it to you. Doesnt make sense. However, I'm happy to buy it for you and send it on. Obviously there will be additional freight costs, but nothing but fingerprints from me.
04-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
I don't understand why he wont just sell it to you. Doesnt make sense. However, I'm happy to buy it for you and send it on. Obviously there will be additional freight costs, but nothing but fingerprints from me.
Probably because of that pink paper (second row of pictures).
04-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter

I apologize for intruding, but just an observation here - Since Sigma has somewhat of a reputation for QC and on ebay the seller lists a 7 day exchange period, buyer pays return postage, you might consider asking the folks down in OZ to just take a day or so and make sure that the lens performs somewhat reasonable. This way, if its just way out of line, you can take advantage of the 7 day exchange. There is no way to ship it up here and then find out that a replacement is needed and send it back - at least with out doubling the cost in overnight airfreight and special handling in customs. No guarantees, but a bit more piece of mind....

Just a thought....

04-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #15
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I apologize for intruding, but just an observation here - Since Sigma has somewhat of a reputation for QC and on ebay the seller lists a 7 day exchange period, buyer pays return postage, you might consider asking the folks down in OZ to just take a day or so and make sure that the lens performs somewhat reasonable. This way, if its just way out of line, you can take advantage of the 7 day exchange. There is no way to ship it up here and then find out that a replacement is needed and send it back - at least with out doubling the cost in overnight airfreight and special handling in customs. No guarantees, but a bit more piece of mind....

Just a thought....

You aren't intruding at all. In fact I hadn't thought about that. Thanks for your input.