Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #1

Chandler, AZ Pentax Repair Shop

I had read some pretty bad things about the Chandler repair shop which is pretty much the only official repair option for US Pentax users, so I was worried after sending my K-7 to them for post-warranty repairs. They responded quickly with a clear price quote and no surprise charges. The repair was done quickly and I had my camera back 3 weeks after dropping it off at fed-ex.

The only negatives were the high price of the repairs and the minimal communication after accepting the repair charges. I had no idea when to expect my camera back because they never sent me a tracking number or even let me know when they had shipped it. The box was just sitting on my front porch when I got home from work.

I just wanted to let people know that it's not all doom and gloom if you have to get your camera repaired by a Pentax-certified shop.

04-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I've had exactly the same experience with them, twice. It was easy but there was no communication.
04-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #3

If you go on the criscam.com site you can see your repair info and track status. When they "ship back" they provide tracking number in status area of form. You need the following info to log into it:

C.R.I.S Work Order Number:
Customer Number:

Once your camera is received you can call CRIS to get your numbers by giving them your name.

Last edited by jcp5; 04-10-2012 at 10:38 AM.
04-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #4

Original Poster
Good point, jcp5, I did check that site once, but they returned the camera so fast that I hadn't thought to check it again yet. If they keep that site up to date, then maybe that would fix the communication issue. It would be nice if they sent out emails as things changed status, though.

04-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #5

It would be helpful if the customer got an email containing the log in numbers once the camera is received . All info needed is there including changes in status. It would cut back on phone calls for sure.

Last edited by jcp5; 04-10-2012 at 11:36 AM.
04-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
CRIS e-mailed me a w/o number and a customer number as soon as they had the estimate ready for my camera. I am on "parts hold" as of April 9th. So, not all that bad as far as keeping informed goes.
04-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #7

CRIS does a good job---That is what they do for non-warranty $ work---For warranty work I had to call to get the numbers but once I had them I was impressed at the info shown. They have a nice feature on the form to message back and forth with them . Very good tool.
04-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
They seemed to have done a good job on my 14mm I dropped from 2ft a while back. The price after sending them the lens was about 2/3rds less than what a local company was asking for a sight unseen repair (no hands on estimate).